TBHB Chapter 14

Chapter 14 ~ Leda

After Jess left, and she looked amazing by the way, thanks to us, it was just me and Emily. Just like old times, before summer.

“So what shall we do until she returns?” Emily asked as we flopped onto my bed.

“PARTY!” I screamed, then jumped up off my bed. We both quickly changed into sports bras and short pj shorts, and turned the stereo up as loud as it could go.We were blasting songs like Call Me Maybe just to be those ironic teenage girls. We microwaved a ton of popcorn and put it in a huge bowl.

We were jumping on my bed, pretending to know how to dance and sing at the same time, when we heard a knock on my window. Both of us jumped and looked at each other with worried glances. Who would knock on my window at nine at night?

Oh wait....

We turned down my stereo and jumped down off my bed. Sneaking to the window, we looked out to see none other than Steven and Paul, who were now laughing their asses off.

“What the hell are you guys doing there?” We both screamed as I opened the window.

“Well, we got lonely because Jeremy and Spencer left, and we didn’t want to sit in the Band House with Andrew, so we came to see you guys.” Paul started.

“But what the hell are you two doing?” Steven finished. They looked inside the window, seeing popcorn everywhere. What a mess we had already made... “We could hear pop music blasting and you guys screaming...I mean singing....I’m not sure which.”

“We are having a cliche teenage girl sleepover.” I explained. “We were just about to start playing Mario Kart.”

“Well, if you guys are having a cliche teenage girl night thing, then having boys sneak over into your room is something that needs to happen.” Steven announced, and then began to climb through my window.

“I’m okay with that.” I replied as Emily helped Paul in. I smirked to myself, time to party!

We ended up playing Mario Kart for a couple of hours, yelling and screaming and throwing popcorn at each other. I had no idea when Jess was coming back from her date, but I knew she would be a little surprised.

“So how come the four of us never hung out during school?” Steven asked randomly.

“I think it was because we were always hanging with the drama club and you guys were always with your band group.” I replied after I thought about it.

“That makes sense. Even though I remember having Creative Writing with you last year Leda, and your stories were crazy!” Paul continued, and I laughed. I remembered that class, a bunch of crazy people were in that class, and we all had fun trying to write the weirdest story.

“Wait, I think I had a class with Jeremy last year!” Emily recalled suddenly. “It was Pre Calculus or something like that.”

“PRE CALCULUS?” I screamed. “What the heck! I could hardly pass Algebra 1!”

Everyone just laughed at me, and then passed me on the race we were playing. I ended up in forth.

“Thats it, I give up.” I called out with a sigh. I dropped my controller and fell back onto the floor. Steven looked at me, shrugged, and did the same. Lying next to me, he reached over and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

I didn’t know what Paul or Emily were doing anymore, I was lost in my own little world.

“This summer has been amazing so far.” Steven whispered to me, smiling.

“It’s only because I met you.” I replied with a smirk.

We laid on the floor for a while, holding each other and just talking. Okay, there was a little kissing involved.

I don’t when it was, but we all feel asleep. Lying on my floor, popcorn spilled everywhere, I would have loved to see Jess’s reaction now.