TBHB Chapter 6

Chapter 6 ~ Leda

What Emily had said bothered me all night, but even as I texted Steven the next day, I didn’t dare ask him what she meant.

The next day the three of us girls decided to go skateboarding. Me, I was a pro. Emily was okay, but she was a little clumsy. Jess, didn’t know anything, but for some reason I just knew she would be a pro. Luckily I had an extra skateboard in my garage.

We were just leaving the house when I got a text from Steven.

What you up to pretty girl? ;)

I must have been smiling, because both Emily and Jess looked at me.

“What are you smiling about?” Emily asked, looking at my phone and smirking.

“Nothing.” I announced and shoved my phone down my shirt, without replying to Steven.

“Yeah, sure.” Jess replied with a laugh.

Instead of replying, I jumped on my skateboard and skated away from them, leaving them chasing behind me. Sure, Jess could kick my ass at video games, but I was pro at skateboarding.

**

We were skating outside the local McDonalds when a familiar truck drove in. Me and Emily didn’t think much of it, until all five of the band members stepped out of it.

We didn’t even realize it was them at first, and they didn’t see us. They went inside and we continued to shred it up in the parking lot. Jess was actually doing okay for her first time. She fell a couple times, but we gave her knee and elbow pads so she didn’t kill herself.

After about five minutes of the boy’s arrival, Emily stopped us.

“Wait a second. Isn’t that Spencer’s truck?” She asked and pointed to it, and we all burst out laughing.

“That was them, and we didn’t even realize it.” I announced, and the three of us burst out laughing. That also happened to be the moment all five of them walked out.

They all stopped, and looked over at us. Then they all looked at each other, as if realizing the same thing we had just figured out.

“Were you guys out here the whole time?” Spencer asked.

“Yep!” Emily replied, setting her board down and giving Paul a hug. I swear they were just the cutest couple ever.

“Wow, we are really blind.” Jeremy said, and all of us laughed.

“Well, we’ve got to get back to the band house.” Andrew announced, and Steven, Paul, and Jeremy shot him a glare.

“Well you and Spencer do. Technically, the rest of us aren’t going, so we don’t have to.” Steven announced as he walked over to me.

“What’s going on?” I questioned.

“Spencer and Andrew have this dinner thing they have to go to tonight. They keep trying to get us to go with them. But it’s going to be boring, so we don’t want to go.” Paul explained with a laugh.

“Stay with us!” I announced with a giggle.

Steven, Paul, and Jeremy looked at each other, and nodded in agreement. Spencer and Andrew sighed. “Fine.” Andrew growled, and they got into Spencer’s truck, driving away.

“So what are you girls doing?” Jeremy asked once they were gone.

“Shredding it up!” I called out as I jumped over a curb.

“Don’t hurt yourself silly. Steven replied.

“I won’t.” I laughed, and almost fell. Of course. Everyone else laughed as I regained my balance. “Not funny!”

“Why don’t we take a break from skating?” Jess asked as she looked at Jeremy and blushed. I knew she didn’t think she was good enough to attempt to skate with Jeremy.

“Sure.” I answered as I stepped off my board, making sure I still had my balance. “What do you guys want to do?”

“Well, I think I have a pretty good idea.” I heard Steven whisper, but I didn’t say anything, cause I think I was the only one who heard him, and I wasn’t sure what he meant by it.

**

The six of us ended up walking down to the park, but the second we arrived, both Jeremy and Steven sighed in frustration.

“What’s wrong?” Jess asked and we all stopped.

“See those two girls over there?” Steven asked as he pointed to two blond chicks sitting on a bench a little ways away. They were both wearing crazy high heels and short skirts. Not to judge or anything, but they looked like bitchy whores. And the way they talked to each other and texted away on their cell phones, they seemed to fit the part too.

“Yeah.” I replied. I wondered if they were some crazy fan girls.

“Those are our ex girlfriends. And they are crazy ass bitches.” Jeremy explained. “They never leave us alone. It’s been about six months since we broke up too!”

“Not to mention they didn’t look or act like that when we were dating. All of a sudden they changed.” Steven continued. I laughed to myself, some crazy fan girls was a pretty close bet.

I understood what they were saying, I had a couple crazy ex’s of my own. But luckily, they all weren’t around this area anymore, so I never saw or talked to them.

“Well, you know what we could do?” I questioned with a smirk/

“What?” Everyone asked.

“Piggy back rides!!!” I screamed, and unexpectedly jumped onto Steven’s back.

Luckily, Steven was fast on his feet, and was able to catch me and not let me fall. Everyone laughed again, and I pulled out my camera.

“Making crazy bitchy ex girlfriends jealous part 1 BEGIN!” I said to my camera with a giggle.