TBHB Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - Leda

I had to say, the past couple weeks had been amazing. I was so happy Steven had finally asked me out. The only sad part was that Jeremy and Jess weren’t together yet, but I knew they would be by the end of the summer.

We arrived at the band house while the guys were practicing. Emily was already there, sitting in the back with her phone and a soda. By now, we just let ourselves in and joined Emily on the couch.

“They practice at really weird times. Never the same.” Emily announced when we sat down.

“Weren’t they practicing at midnight last night?” I questioned, remember a text Steven had sent me last night.

“Apparently. They do have a show soon before Warped Tour.” Jess added, and me and Emily looked at each other.

“WARPED TOUR DUDE! WE HAVEN’T BOUGHT OUR TICKETS YET!” I screamed, and the guys all stopped playing and looked at us.

“Sorry.” I whispered, and they all sighed and went back to playing.

I jumped up, running over to the group computer. Going on Google, I went to the Warped website. “Hey girls, I’m just going to buy all of our tickets together right now on my credit card and you guys can pay me back later.”

“Awesome!” Both agreed with a smile. We all went to Warped Tour every year, but this would be Jess’s first time going to the San Francisco one with us. Once I bought our tickets and printed them out, I put them into my pocket.

The band finished practice right as I finished printing and logging off of the computer.

“What are you doing?” Steven asked as he came up behind me.

“Just got our Warped Tour tickets.” I replied with a smile.

“Oh yeah, Andrew got all of ours a while ago. Guess that means we’re all going together.” He answered with a smile.

“Awesome! I’m excited.” I got up out of the computer chair and looked around. Paul and Emily were playing guitar in the back, singing silently to each other. Jess, Jeremy and Spencer were on the ground playing video games. Andrew had once again disappeared.

“Hey, can I see your room?” I questioned Steven, who looked shocked. All my times in this house, I had never gone into any of the guy’s rooms, mostly out of pure fear of getting lost in the mass amounts of shit.

“Sure. But fair warning, I share it with Jeremy, and it's a disaster.”

“I was expecting that.” I replied with a giggle.

He led me to their room, which happened to be the first one on the left. Just as I had expected, it was a mess. But nothing could have prepared me for the horror of it all. It was worse than I expected.

“If I would have known you wanted to see it, I would have cleaned it up a little.” Steven said nervously, embarrassed by the mess.

“I’m just surprised you didn’t blame it all on Jeremy.” I replied with a giggle.

We went over and sat down on his bed. He showed me all seven of his guitars and basses, and all the posters and other things he had gotten from various concerts.

I was just about to kiss him when my phone went off.

“Who would be calling me?” I questioned, and pulled out my phone. “Shit.” I cursed to myself.

“Who is it?” Steven asked, looking over my shoulder to see.

“My parents. Be quiet while I answer.” I replied.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Where the hell are you Leda?” My dad yelled.

“At the band house.” I replied, nervous. My dad didn’t usually call me or get upset with me, they mostly stayed out of my life. I wondered if they had come home to find the hole in the wall.

“Is your boyfriend there?” I heard my mother ask.

“Yes, but how do you know about him?” I asked, knowing for a fact that I hadn’t told them about Steven yet.

“You and Jess need to come home right now.” My dad yelled, and then hung up.

“Shit.” I repeated as I shut my phone.

“What’s wrong?” Steven asked, sounding worried.

“My parents are upset. I need to go.” I answered, disappointed. This wasn’t the day I had been expecting.

We got up and walked back to where Jess and Jeremy were. I told Jess what had happened, and we grabbed our stuff and got up.

“Bye Steven. I’ll text you later.” I said as I gave him a goodbye kiss. Hopefully by the end of the day, I’d still have my phone.

As we walked out, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Andrew watching us, a smirk on his face. I didn’t think much of it, flipped him off, and walked out the door.

**

“What’s wrong?” Jess asked as we walked home.

“My parents found out about Steven. They are really upset, I don’t know why though.” I replied with a frown. I was not looking forward to seeing my parents again. I liked it better when they stayed out of my life.