21. You Don't Remember Anything?

Chapter 21: You Don't Remember Anything?

Greyson's Point of View

A bright shaft of light streamed from my window and nearly blinded me when I woke up. I squinted and used my arms to push myself up into a sitting position. It felt like whole parades of percussionists were using my skull as the drums on which to perform their songs. Rubbing my temples, I stood up from the bed and stumbled my way downstairs.

I yanked open the medicine cupboard in the kitchen and dug through it, looking for the aspirin. My annoyance grew when I couldn’t find it.

“Where the hell is the damn aspirin?” I muttered to myself.

“I think Sterling took it upstairs.”

I jumped about a foot in the air and whipped my head around to face the unexpected voice, whacking my head against the cupboard door in the process. My eyes closed in pain, my body slumped down against the counter, and my hands shot up to clutch my head. It felt like my skull was splitting into two.

“Oh my God, Greyson! I’m so sorry.”

My eyes flashed open once again as I felt the small, soft hands grabbing at mine, trying to move them to get a better look at my injury. Looking down I saw her chocolaty brown eyes, her pink lips pursed in concentration, her auburn hair tousled from sleep. A buzzing filled my ears and I didn’t hear the endless river of words she uttered out of those pink lips. I couldn’t handle those little hands of hers touching me, despite the only good and innocent intentions of them.

Gripping her wrists gently in my hands, I pulled them down in front of me. “Grace, I’m fine.”

She looked up at me with those big brown eyes of hers, and I let go of her wrists and took a step back before I lost it. “Are you sure?”

I nodded quickly.

A small smile spread over her face, and she unconsciously tucked a strand of fiery hair behind her ear. “I still feel bad, so I’ll go get the aspirin from Sterling.”

“Thanks.” My smile matched hers.

Grace walked out of the kitchen, and I couldn’t help but to notice she was still in the outfit from the party the night before. Random images from last night surfaced in my mind, and my grin grew. Turning to the counter, I noticed there was coffee already made, and I poured myself a cup.

Grace returned a few moments later, Sterling and Bren trailing closely behind. She walked up to me and handed over the aspirin.

“You’re a life saver, Grace.” I winked before washing down a couple with a swig of coffee.

She grinned and remained standing at the counter near me, the palms of her dainty hands resting on the marble surface.

Sterling and Bren sat at the table. Bren had her head lying on her folded arms; her blonde hair was a mess. Sterling sat there staring off into space; his eyes had dark bags underneath them.

“I had a lot of fun last night,” Grace said only loud enough for the two of us to hear.

“Me too. I didn’t say anything really stupid, did I?” I winced. “My corny pickup lines tend to surface when I have a few drinks in my system.”

She chuckled lightly; her head angled downward, her auburn hair covering half of her face. “There were a few Harry Potter ones.” Her head tilted back upwards, her twinkling brown eyes met mine. “But I thought they were pretty funny.”

“You’d definitely be the first.” I chuckled as well. “When I start breaking out the Harry Potter ones, girls view my inner-nerd and that usually sends them running.”

Brothers ForeverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara