Chapter Nine

"Okay, Tori, say it again, but slower this time." Tony said.

Taking a deep shaking breath I attempted to repeat what I'd been trying to say for the last ten minutes.

"It’s Wren," I choked out, "He was in an accident. A car accident."

"Oh my God." Tony whispered in shock, holding me tighter.

It had been no longer than ten minutes since Katy had broken the news about Wren to me. Tony and I were sitting on the front lounge floor. He was stroking my back and for the first time it wasn't make me feel better it was making me feel strangled. I needed to get to my brother and sitting here was wasting time.

"I need to go Tony." I said, wiping the tears from my cheeks.

"Go? Go where?" Tony asked quietly.

Pushing Tony away I wiped away the last of my tears and looked him dead in the eyes, "I need to go to Wren."

Tony shook his head a little, "You can't, that's crazy."

"Crazy!?" I scoffed, "Wren is in intensive care and you're saying me wanting to go to him is crazy!?"

Tony nodded, "Well yeah."

I could feel the anger bubbling inside me. How could he be saying this. Did he not understand this situation? Wren was more than just my brother, he was my parent-figure and best friend. If I was in intensive care he would be by my side no matter what.

"You've got to be kidding me." I huffed, moving even further away from Tony.

"I'm not. Tori, babe, we are hundreds of miles from home there is no way you will be able to get back." He spoke so calmly and if anything that was making me angrier.

"You don’t seem to understand this situation! Wren is in intensive care. He could die." I said, speaking slowly to emphasize my point, "I need to be with him Tone."

Tony rolled his eyes and I scoffed. Standing up I couldn't believe he had brushed me off like that. Shaking my head at him I stormed back into the bus and into the back lounge, slamming the door between the bunks and the back lounge in the process. Falling onto the couch I was shaking with rage. I couldn't believe him, after everything he'd been though I'd been by his side and now he couldn't understand me wanting to be with my brother. It was a joke. Sitting on the couch was my iPod, sliding my headphones on I hoped that the music would drown out my anger. This was the first real fight we'd had since we'd be together and I didn't know I could be this angry with him. He was just so insensitive. Balling my hands into fists I rested my head on the back of the couch and closed my eyes. This was all too much, first Tony now Wren, why couldn't everything just be okay. Suddenly a gentle hand was rested on my knee and my eyes shot open. If Tony had of been sitting next to me I may have smacked him, but it wasn't Tony. Sitting shirtless, with lidded eyes on the couch next to me was Mike. Sliding my headphones off, he offered me a small smile which I didn't return.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

I shrugged, Mike was the last person I expected to see.

"Is your brother okay?" Mike asked again.

I shook my head, "No."

"I heard your fight out there."

"I think everyone did." I replied.

Mike nodded and I appreciated his honesty, "You're right. I think everyone did."

I rolled my eyes and he rested his arm around my shoulders comfortingly.

"You want to know what I think?" He asked.

I shrugged again, not caring whether he told me or not, "Sure."

"I think you should go. Go to your brother. He needs you Tor." He said with a small smile.

I rubbed my eyes, this was all too much, "Mike, as much as I would love to do that. There is just no way."

"But there is a way." He said, raising his eyebrows.

I shook my head, "No, there's not."

He nodded, "Yes there is. In like twenty minutes we'll be stopping in a town for gas and most towns have a hire car place. Just get a car and go."

I offered him a small smile, his optimism was a refreshing change from Tony's unwillingness, "That would be nice but-"

"Tori, can I be honest with you here?" Mike interrupted me, I nodded and he continued, "Forget about Tony for a second and think about it, how much do you want to be with your brother?"

"More than anything." I replied.

He shrugged, "Then there's your answer. He's your brother and I don’t know about you but to me family is more important than anything. I know you love Tone but who was there when it didn't work the first time?"

"Wren." I answered quietly and Mike nodded.

"Exactly. It's your choice but I know what I'd be doing." He said and we fell into silence.

Mike's words had suddenly put everything into perspective. He was right, Wren was the one that had always been there for me and the fact that I wasn't there with him right now was like a shot in the back. I had to get there as soon as possible, no matter what.

"But what about my job?" I asked Mike quietly.

"I'll talk to the guys for you, he's your brother though so the guys should understand." He replied.

I smiled at him, "Thanks Mike. I'd really appreciate it."

He wrapped his arms around me in a hug, "Anytime Tor."

Pulling away I was so grateful for Mike. He had made everything so much clearer. I would pack a bag and get of the bus at the next town. I would rent a car and drive for however long it took to get back to my brother. I would drive all night if I had to. I wasn't sure what it would be like when I got there but I would get there, I would drive all night if I had to. Watching Mike stand up he disappeared through the back lounge doors only to return less than a minute later.

"We'll be at the nearest town in fifteen minutes." He said with a small, knowing smile.

"Thank you again Mike." I murmured, "I seriously owe you."

He grinned, "You can make it up to me later."

I nodded before standing up, "I better pack some clothes then."

Leaving the back lounge I could feel Mike's eyes on me. I'd never spoken much to Mike before and I now regretted it. He was so kind, so honest. Walking back to my bunk I began tossing clothes into my backpack. I wanted to be able to leave as soon as possible when we stopped.

"You're leaving?" Tony's quiet voice startled me.

Whirling around I saw Tony lying in his bunk. I hadn't noticed him when I first came in.

"Yes. I have to Tony." I said calmly.

He sighed, "You can't leave."

"I can and I am, he's my brother and I need to be with him."

"Fine. Just go." Tony huffed, rolling over in his bunk so his back was facing me.

There was something he wasn't telling me but I didn't have time to pry it out of him, I could feel the bus pulling into the gas station and I needed to be off as soon as it stopped. Zipping up my backpack I leaned into Tony's bunk and pressed a kiss against the back of his neck.

"I'll be back soon Turtle. I love you."

"Love you too." Tony sighed, without rolling over.

He was mad I knew that but I pushed it from my head as I said my goodbyes to the other guys and left the bus.