Chapter Eight

Two chapters in one night, that has to be some kinda personal record for me! Welp, enjoy! xx

I was running. Away from what? I wasn't sure, only that whatever it was, was coming for me. Weaving through the dark corridors, the air burned in and out of my lungs. Panic was coursing through my veins as I ran. I needed to get away from Him. He was going to kill me. I could feel myself slowing, He was going to catch me. Suddenly the corridor came to an end and I was stuck. Banging my fist against the wall, I felt tears run down my face. I was a goner for sure. I could hear his footsteps, he was just around the corner, I knew it. Pressing my back against the wall I prayed it would open up and swallow me. Suddenly His shadow appeared on the floor and I braced myself for whatever was to come. Tony strode around the corner and I was confused.

"Tony? Babe what's going on?" I asked quietly, taking a step towards him.

There was a manic look in his eye and I wasn't sure wether I was more scared of him or for him. A small smile formed on his face and I watched as he pulled a knife from behind his back.

"Tony?" My voice was barely a whisper, "What's going on?"

"It's your fault. It's all your fault. If you had never come to that show I would never have fallen in love with you and we would all be better off," He spat bitterly, "So that's why I'm going to get rid of you. It's the best choice for everyone. Don't take it personally."

A small noise of fear escaped the back of my throat as he advanced on me, raising the knife. Suddenly his face began to change. His skin seemed to melt off his bones and in a second Tony was gone and standing in his place was Carly, the horrible girl that was the cause of so much torment a few months ago. Raising her arm up, she brought it down hard plunging the knife into my chest.

Jolting awake I sat bolt upright in my bunk.

"Shit!" I cursed as my head hit the roof.

Falling back down onto the mattress, I rubbed my head groaning. We'd been on the road for the last three and a half weeks. The longest and possibly best three and a half weeks of my life. The nightmares had been tormenting my sleep for the last two weeks. They didn't come every night, but it was always the same nightmare. Rolling over onto my stomach I pressed my face into the pillow in an attempt to push the images from my head. Suddenly there was the ruffle of curtains and I felt the edge of the mattress dip.

"Good morning my beautiful," Tony cooed in my ear, pressing his lips against the side of my neck, "How did you sleep?"

Yawning I rolled onto my side, "Good morning lovely. I slept alright. What about you?"

He shrugged, "I slept alright. And you're lying. You were tossing and turning all night."

My eyes widened, I hadn't realised he'd noticed, "I'm fine. I had a nightmare that's all. It's nothing."

Tony nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck, "Aw babe. Next time you have a nightmare wake me up okay?"

"Okay. Sure." I nodded reluctantly, kissing his forehead.

This wasn't the first time I'd thought of waking Tony up after one of the nightmares. The thought had occurred to me on several different occasions. The only problem was that if I woke Tony up I'd have to tell him about the nightmares and that was something I was less than willing to do. I didn't want to make him worry about me when he had himself to take care of. He had slowly but surely recovered from being drugged and now assured us that he was all okay, though I know at times he still got nauseous. Shuffling closer to the wall Tony slid into my bunk and pulled the curtain closed behind him.

"So what are you up to today?" I asked him with a yawn.

He shrugged, "We're on the road all day so nothing much. What about you?"

"I have some editing to do," I replied, "So I might do that."

He nodded, before  kissing me gently. Tangling my fingers in his hair I felt him moan gently.

"Oh my God guys. Can you stop sucking face for like two minutes!" Jaime cried, pulling my curtain open roughly.

Jumping, I pulled away from Tony and looked up at Jaime, his hair was curly from his shower and pressed flat on one side from sleep.

"Oh my God Jaime!" I huffed reaching over and smacking his arm, "What if I had been naked or something!?"

"Lucky me I guess." Jaime laughed.

I rolled my eyes, and Tony laughed. Falling back onto the mattress I rested my head on Tony's shoulder.

"Oh and Tor, your phone has been going off all morning." said Jaime causing me to sit up.

"It has?" I asked attempting to climb over Tony.

"No. You're staying here." Tony announced, curling a hand around my waist and pinning me to his side.

Laughing I agreed and Jaime pulled the curtain closed, closing the two of us off from the rest of the bus. Resting my head against Tony's shoulder I felt him slip his hand up under my shirt and trace the letters tattooed onto my back. Closing my eyes I relaxed against him. Suddenly my ringtone pierced the quiet of the bus. It was so loud I wondered how it hadn't woken me before.

"Tori! Answer that God damn phone or I will throw it out the window!" A sleepy yet angry Vic whined from the bunk above.

Climbing over Tony I scrambled into the front lounge and grabbed my phone, declining the call before I could see who was calling to silence it. Sitting down on the couch I had seventeen missed calls. Suddenly the phone started vibrating in my hand and the name that appeared on the screen made me freeze. Katy's smiling face appeared on the screen and for a long moment I was unable to do anything but stare at it. Why was she calling me? I hadn't seen her for at least a month and she hadn't so much as texted me since we'd been on tour. What could she possibly want now?

"Tori?" Tony's quiet voice from my bed pulled me from my reverie and I quickly pressed answer.

"Hello?" I asked hesitantly holding the phone to my ear.

Katy's voice came from the other end of the line, she sounded distressed, "Hello? Tori. Oh thank God I've been calling you all night."

"Um, hi. Why? What's wrong?" I asked, rather coldly, sure I'd forgiven Katy but part of me still hated her for what she did and I feared it always would.

"It's Wren-"

"Wren. What about Wren?" I cut her off.

I had been talking to my brother not twenty four hours ago and he had said he was fine. What could have changed?

"He's hurt. He was in a car accident and-"

"Hurt? Car accident!?" I cut her off franticly, "How? What happened?"

"He was driving along Westover street and you know the intersection there? Well there was a truck and-" she rambled.

"A truck!? Shit. Is he alright?" Panic was coursing through my veins and my voice was shaking.

"He's in intensive care. Tori he needs you." Katy's voice went quiet on the other end of the line.

"You think I don’t know that Katy!?" I yelled into the phone.

Panic turned to anger in a moment. My brother was in ICU and I was a hundred miles away across the country with no way of getting home.

"Sorry, sorry." Katy apologized quietly.

Hanging up the phone I couldn’t deal with Katy any more. Feeling my legs give out on me, I collapsed into a heap on the floor. My whole body was numb.  This couldn't have happened. No, Katy was lying, she had to be. Feeling a warm hand rest on my back I looked up into Tony's eyes.

His voice came to me in fragments, "Tori?...Wrong?... Tori, babe…What's wrong?"

"I need to go." I whispered, tears falling from my eyes.