Chapter Thirteen

"What?" My stomach turned and suddenly I wasn't very hungry.

He was quiet for a moment before replying, "I thought you should know."

I couldn't speak, I couldn't move. I couldn't think. We hadn't broken up. We'd had a fight, that was all and now he'd gone and kissed someone else. I didn't want to believe it. It was Tony, he loved me, he would never hurt me like this.

Taking a shaky breath I had to get the full story, I was sure there had been a misunderstanding somewhere, "Tell me exactly what happened."

There was music pumping in the background and Mike took another gulp before speaking, "So we were at this club right? Really cool place. You would've liked it. And we're drinking and having a great time. So I go up to the bar to get a drink. I think it was a whiskey and coke. I'd had a few by that point."

Mike was drunk, rambling and I wanted so badly to tell him to get to the point but if I was going to make any sort of rational decision I had to hear it all.

"Anyway I get my drink and go back to where the guys were hanging out and there are girls there now. So I think, 'that's great', I love girls. I look around and there's this super hot blonde in the corner. She's got her back to me but I could just tell she was hot. I go over to say hi but that's when I realise why she's got her back to me. She's kissing Tony in the corner."

He kept talking but I wasn't listening. I didn't need to hear anymore. I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Tori, are you still there?"

"What? Yeah sorry." I reply quietly, my whole body had gone cold.

"What are you going to do?" Mike asked quietly.

I sniffed, feeling a tear roll down my cheek, "I have to go."

Hanging up the phone before he could respond, I don't feel myself putting it on the table until I've done it. I don't know what to do. I can't think straight. So much had happened in the last three days, so many emotions I wasn't sure which to trust anymore. There was the relief that Wren was okay, even though he had the long road to a full recovery looming in front of him. Now this, I wasn't sure if I believed Mike, though his story seemed legitimate enough. Tony wouldn't do that to me, would he? I felt like I didn't know him any more.

Leaving my two thirds full coffee on the table I took my untouched muffin back to Wren's room. Charli was standing in the doorway when I got there, watching my brother sleep. She hugged me again and burying my face in her shoulder was all I could do to stop the tears. She pulled away from me after a long moment and looked at me.

"Are you alright?"

That was it, shaking my head I felt tears start to stream down my face.

"Oh Tor, what's wrong? Wren's going to be okay." She lead me over to the two armchairs in the corner of his room.

I sat and she took both of my hands in hers, "It's n-not Wren. It's Tony. I t-think he's ch-cheated on me."

She narrowed her eyes, "What?"

I nodded, sniffing and hiccupping as I told her what Mike had told me. By the end of the story she looked equally confused and angry.

"I don't know if I believe that. That boy loves you so much, I can see it, why would he do something like that?"

"We did have a fight, before I left. He didn't want me to leave but I had to." I wiped a few stray tears away.

Charli nodded, "He must understand why you left. Have you spoken to him about it?"

I shook my head, I didn't have the guts to call him right now. I knew if I did, I'd turn into a sniffling, crying mess.

"I think you need to speak to him, Tor, before you go making any big decisions. I think you need to hear his side of the story. For all you know it could be one big misunderstanding, they were in a club after all. Those places plus a few drinks could make anyone see things."

She was so level headed, I could see why Wren liked her so much. In all my stress and crying, I'd only decided one thing for sure. If I was going to talk to Tony I was going to do it face to face. It would be easier to tell if he was lying that way.

"I want to talk to him face to face." I said and Charli nodded.

"You should go."

I scoffed, glancing over at my sleeping brother, "I couldn't leave him. Not right now."

"You can. You don't only have a boyfriend to talk to, what about your job? As much as we love you there's nothing you can do here. Unless you have a magical cure you're better off back on tour working and sorting things out. You know I'll let you know if anything happens, and you can always call or Skype."

She made a fair argument. As much as I would've liked to stay and oversee Wren's recovery the doctor had said that could take months, and I really couldn't afford to wait months to see Tony.

I nodded and hugged her again, "I'll stay a few more days though, just to make sure he's okay."

"I don't think he'd have it any other way," She smiled.

Three days later and many protests later I was on a plane. Back to the boys and back to whatever awaited me when I saw Tony. The thought made my stomach twist and turn, but it had to be done. I had to know the truth. 

I'm back. Crazy I know. It's only been a few years. If anyone is still reading this, here ya go. Finally a chapter thirteen!