Chapter 16 - its all over/relief

Knuckles woke up in the clinic while looking around... he sees Manic looking at him... Knuckles whispered, M..Manic?...where am I? Manic replied, your in the clinic... Knuckles felt relieved but then he recalled Sonic... Knuckles said, oh no...Sonic... Manic interrupted, you idiot don't worry Sonics safe...he's at my moms place resting.....now answer me this...why isn't Seelkadoom waking up? Knuckles shook his head and said, I afraid...Seelkadoom's dead... Manics eyes widened and whispered, what?... Knuckles whispered, he..he wanted me...to tell you, Sonic and the others...that he...he was sorry...for all the trouble he caused you all...and he...he felt like he failed everyone... Manic started to cry and said, he...he said that?... Knuckles and Manic looked over Seelkadoom who was lying down dead...not breathing...or moving... Knuckles whispered, I'm sorry... Manic whispered, don't be...you...you freed him...he realized what he did was wrong... Knuckles thought as he looked at the window, Sonic...this darkness is all over...nothing can hurt you now...I did it...for you...I love you...with all my heart... Manic cried over his first brother as he whispered, I'm so...sorry...if only I wasn't a coward...we wouldn't be in this.... then something happened... some of Manics tears fell on the body...then Manic hears a familiar groan... Manic was relieved to see that his first younger brother has awaken... Manic was relieved that his brother is okay... Seelkadoom whispered, I...thought I was dead Manic thought, is gonna be so happy... Manic said, I'm sorry Seelkadoom....I should've been supporting you... Seelkadoom said, no Manic...I'm the one who's sorry...I let my ego get the better of me...I should've been a better brother to you...and to Sonic... Knuckles smiled as the two brothers hugged... Knuckles thought, Sonic is gonna be so happy...