Chapter 4 - the nightmare

Knuckles was sleeping in Tails workshop when he had the most horrid nightmare he ever had in his life...

<Nightmare>

He was walking towards Sonic shack knowing Sonic was too upset to talk to him....but something went terribly wrong...when Knuckles walked in he sees the place trashed and Sonic lying on the floor crying.... Knuckles rushed to him and yelled his name....Knuckles said as he kneeled down beside him, Sonic?...Sonic are you alright? Sonic looked to see Knuckles and said, run....please....you shouldn't be here....even if your my friend....you need to get out...now.... Knuckles said, but I am your friend....Sonic....are you okay can you stand up? Sonic whispered in tears, I won't be...now go.... Knuckles said, look Sonic I'm sorry..... Sonic interrupted, I said GO!!....*Knuckles try to tell him again but Sonic said louder*...RUN NOW KNUCKLES!!!...YOU CAN'T BE HERE!!...GET OUTTA HERE BEFORE YOUR DEAD!! Knuckles was confused Sonic looked scared...and defenseless.... Knuckles said, Sonic I'm not  here to.... Sonic interrupted, YOU WANNA BE KILLED?!...I SAID RUN DANG IT!!! Knuckles was scared of his tone....Knuckles said in a concern tone, are you in pain?...your in terrible danger aren't you?...Sonic let me help you....I'll get you help.... Sonic shook him off and Knuckles was in shocked to see Sonic in really dark chains.....Sonic was in tears and whispered, I'm sorry....Knuckles I....I can't go with you....just go without me....I'll just.... Knuckles interrupted in tears, don't say that Sonic....I can't leave...I don't wanna be without you. he attempted to exit with Sonic.... but as Knuckles saw a Silhouette of another hedgehog...Sonic vanished....Knuckles screamed, NO!!... *the shadowy hedgehog laughed*...WHERE IS HE?! the shadowy hedgehog said in a amuse tone, he's mine now...you'll never get him back... Knuckles yelled in tears, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SONIC?! WHO IN THE HECK ARE YOU?! the shadowy hedgehog said, aww....the loving and soft-headed echidna cares so much about his beloved Sonic...

<Nightmare ends>

Knuckles said as he woke up, GIVE ME BACK MY SONIC YOU MONSTER!!!....Knuckles realized it was a dream... but then realized something else....Knuckles said, I gotta make sure Sonic is alright...he stood up and ran to Sonics shack.