Chapter 12 - fight it/think back

Seelkadoom felt himself being held and yelled, WHAT?!..HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY BE FREE?!...*sees Sonic holding him back*...WHY YOU LITTLE ROTTEN BRAT!! Sonic said as he kept his grip, I won't let you hurt him...besides...I care about Knuckles so much...I'm really happy...that he does care...besides you all wouldn't understand what it means to be in love with someone that cares about you....I felt so happy and I didn't regret bringing him to my family reunion...when he saw the real me...he didn't care who I was...because to him I am who I am.... Seelkadoom said in anger, LET GO OF ME!! Sonic yelled, NO I WON'T EVEN LET YOU LAY A FINGER ON HIM!!! It continued until Seelkadoom let out a furious scream.... Knuckles broke out of the ropes as he saw Sonic fighting for his life and for the ones who wanted to live... Sonic thought, I won't let you hurt him.... Knuckles took his hand and said, I won't let you hurt Sonic again...I love Sonic...no matter what I will love him the same as before... Seelkadooms furious scream stopped as a bright blue light shined around the placed....until it went dark again as Sonic collapsed... Knuckles picked him up and said, Sonic...are you alright?.... Sonic opened his eyes slowly and said, Kn...Knuckles...you....you rescued me....*tears fall down his face*...you really rescued me...I thought no one would...but you...you saved me.... Knuckles whispered, it's okay Sonic...your safe now.... Knuckles really was relief that Sonic was back.... Knuckles pulled him close as he thought back about what happened during the family reunion.....<flashback>....during the day Knuckles sitting under the tree with Sonic.... Knuckles said, you know I appreciate you inviting me to your family reunion Sonic but....why? Sonic answered, I wanted to be nice...besides I can't be in a family reunion when....you know.... Knuckles said, look....I wanna apologize...for calling you a heartless monster...and lashing out at you like that.... Sonic said as he looked down on the ground, no....you don't have to apologize Knuckles...you were just looking for a family is all....I know how it feels to be alone.... Knuckles was confused and said, hub?...what do you mean?.....your not alone...you know I never thought I see a sweeter side of you before.... Sonic said in a guilt tone, that's because it's how I normally act....I always put up this cool and stubborn act....but acting like this....Knuckles....I really wanted you or anyone else to see the real me... Knuckles asked, so....this is how you normally act? Sonic nodded and said, yes....but I was so scared to show it because I thought you would make fun of me and laugh at me.... Knuckles said in a concern tone, Sonic....seeing you this way...makes me happy...it never crossed my mind that I get to see a part of you I never realized before....*notices Sonic sad* Sonic what's the matter? Sonic sighed and said, it's nothing personal...you see....years ago...my big brothers and I used to defend the village from evil...but those days were interrupted when my second older brother...Seelkadoom became corrupted...I wasn't the same since....but when I met you and the others....I couldn't bring myself to.... Sonic started to sob a bit.... Knuckles pulled him close and whispered, it's okay Sonic...it's okay....I'm here...listen no matter who you really are....your always Sonic to me.... Sonic looked at him and smiled as he said, what did I do to deserve you Knuckles.... Sonic hugged him as Knuckles hugged Sonic back....<flashback ends>.....Knuckles held him close as Sonic began to cry again.... Sonic said as he wept, I'm sorry....so sorry... Knuckles cradled him in his arms and whispered, ssshhhhh.....sssshhhhh...ssshhhh....it's okay Sonic....it wasn't your fault.... Sonic snuggled onto Knuckles as if he didn't wanna let go...