Maybe I Should Die Too

Harry's POV:

When I was Little Gemma and I used to play outside in the park by our house. We'd pretend we were spies or maybe even secret agents that worked for the government and when someone would pull up in their car or come walking with their kids we would act like they were criminals.

I remember one time she had pointed to a scrawny, dark haired boy on a swing and said, "He's the bad guy. He killed 3 women. We have to stop him!"

Then we would sneak around, rolling in the grass and ducking behind trees as if no one could see us. We wouldn't actually hurt anyone or like chase them. We would just pretend we did.

That scrawny kid came back to the park the next day. And the next day. And the day after that.

All he would do was swing by himself. So after a lot of bickering I convinced Gem that he was the good guy and that we could make him our friend.

We walked over and said hi, introduced our selves and we found a new play mate. Easy as that.

We showed him how to play top secret agent and he willingly went along.

It was fun.

We did that for months. Running around and laughing and pretending to shoot people.

We were the good guys.

In the summer of 4th grade the kid stopped showing up and so we figured he moved or his mom didn't allow him to play with us anymore.

Fast forward a bit to my freshman year in high school and it turns out that he was going to the same school as me. Same year and everything.

Let me tell you:

He was no longer the small innocent kid I remember when capturing the bank robber.

He was the bank robber.

And me, being stupid, wanted to go along with what he did because that made me cool. So I did drugs, drank a little, slept with some girls and made the worst decisions of my life.

Come to my senior year in high school that guy was the #1 meth seller in school.

Obviously that's who I went to to get high.

Today I realized that if I stayed with the good crowd none of this would be happening.

My sister wouldn't be dead.

My mom wouldn't hate me.

I could have had a normal life.

And you know what? I can't have any of these things because of the choices I made.

It all traced back to the July afternoon when I met the boy on the swing.

Maybe you have some ideas of who that was.

Maybe you don't.

So I'll just tell you.

Ryan.

Ryan Starling.

Aka the man who killed my girlfriend. And my sister. And who the hell knows who's next on his list.

In the end, Gemma was right. He did murder people. Only two for the time being.

So as you can see I have no one else to blame for this. I have myself and my young mind.

The world would be such a better place without me.

I really hoped Blaze got here soon.

I didn't know how much longer I could go with my own thoughts before they killed me.