Dinner with the enemy

Blaze's POV

I stayed in bed most of that night and most of the next day. I had to deal with Frankie nagging me about taking her to the park until I finally lost it and yelled at her to fuck off. For the first time in a long time someone was scared of me, that someone was Frankie.

She stopped bugging me though. And she'll get over it sooner or later.

I pull back the covers form my head, letting all the light from the windows shine on my face.

Uhg. I need a shower.

But it's so far away, I point out to myself.

Eh I'll just take one tonight. But I will change because I've been in these clothes for almost 2 days now.

I reluctantly leave the warmth of my bed and dig in my little drawer where I keep my clothes. I take out my only pair of black leggings and a purple, long sleeved, NYU(New York University) shirt Gemma had gotten me a while ago.

I gather up my other toiletry items like my tooth brush and tooth paste as well as my hair brush and take it to the bathroom, Ignoring the stares I'm getting from the other girls around the room.

I don't blame them. I probably look like a piece of work. I bet my hair looks like an electrocuted squirrel and I don't even want to talk about how my face feels like there's layers upon layers of dirt on it.

------

After brushing my teeth and washing my face I'm starting to look like myself again. I run the brush over my hair, getting all the knots from last night out.

You know what. I'm going to leave it down today. I never leave it down but today I am because I want to. I part it down the side and take another look at myself in the mirror.

My smile grew bigger as I took in my appearance. That's better.

Gathering all my stuff, I take it back to my space in the corner and put everything back where they came from.

When I was finished I turned to look and see who was around me.

A girl named Miley who's bed was across from mine was sitting, talking to some girl with auburn hair.

Next to my bed was Kayla, sitting and chatting with Riley, surprisingly. She never really talks with anyone but Alani. Same with Alani, she never talks to anyone who isn't Kayla.

Mindy's voice by the stairs cut off my thinking. "Blaze, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked politely.

I didn't respond as I got up and followed her downstairs to her office. "Whats up?" I question.

She gave me a big smile. "Well Brinne is actually coming by this after noon to pick you up. She's taking you to her house."

When I give her a blank look she continues explaining.

"You're going to live with her! Today! Isn't it exciting?" She seemed more happy about the adoption than me.

"Isn't she picking up Zayn too?" Was all i could get to come out of my mouth.

"Oh....she didn't tell you?" Mindy's smile slightly faded, "Brinne decided to not go through with adopting him.."

Then all the pieces clicked together in my mind. That's why he started ignoring me again. That's why he didn't come back outside to finish talking to me. I felt bad now.

"But don't worry about him." Mindy says. "He'll find a home. Plus he's almost 18 like you so it won't matter."

But it does matter. She must not know what it's like living here. What's it like waking up everyday for years hoping that someone will find you and bring you home and call you theirs. She doesn't understand how much it hurts knowing that you have family out there, but they have you up because they didn't want you.