Regrets

I would really appreciate it if you guys comment about this chapter. You learn a lot about Harry's past!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blaze's POV

He can literally go to this down to earth, sweet guy and right back to being this rude ass carefree human being that thinks he can do whatever he wants. And I guess he can I mean there's no one to put a stop to him. Not anymore that is.

But I was sticking to my word. I was going to lock the door, close the blinds and never let him back in as long as I didn't get any questions thrown my way from my Foster family.

Speaking of them, Brinne came out from her and James's room, wrapping a robe around her small frame and shutting the door behind.

She gave me a sad smile.

Oh no.

You know what that means; the motherly talk.

"Are you alright, Blaze? I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything I just-"

I cut her off, "Oh no, it's okay. Everything is okay. I'm okay. Harry's okay. Well he says he is. I think he's more of the person to go through things alone. I don't think he likes me that much anyway. He only wants me now that I have a place for him to stay."

She shook her head, crossing her arms, "No, Blaze, are you really okay? I saw on the news this morning.... I just.... I heard you and Harry last night, too...... And I know I'm not really your mom... I know we aren't really your family, but I want you to know I'm here for you. No matter what. And you can talk to me about anything- Oh, Honey, no don't cry I didn't mean to make you cry."

I didn't even realize I was shedding tears until she pointed it out and my hand found my way to my cheek. I pulled it back when I felt the wetness touch my fingers.

Brinne came up to hug me--well I think to hug me-- with her arms out stretched, but I backed away. "No, really I'm okay."

I regretted pulling away when her expression changed from loving to hurt and I swear you could hear that heart in her chest breaking.

I stood there, looking down at the floor.

What was I supposed to do now? How do I make this better? I couldn't think of anything to say so I settled for a mumbled, "Sorry."

"It's alright. I understand; you need your space." Her expression changed to guarded as she wrapped the rope tighter and turned around, "Im going to make some breakfast, is there anything you want?"

"Um... Actually I'm going to go for a walk if you don't mind. I think being alone would be best at the moment.." I glanced into my room.

She didn't turn back when she said, "Of course that would be okay. Just be back before 7:00. We're having dinner."

"Oh I'll be back way before then."

___________

Harry's POV

I inhaled a slow, deep drag feeling the familiar nicotine soothing my mind and muscles as I watched the little kids playing in the park.

I shifted my position on the bench I was sitting on, leaning my elbows on my knees and let out a breath.

A little girl ran past me with who looked like her sister following. One of them was yelling, "You can't get me! You can't get me! C'mon come get me, Olivia!"

The man sent a sharp prick to my heart.

Olivia.....

~[Flashback]~