Brinne

"Zayn?" I frown, opening my eyes.

"Hey." He says casually.

"Why... Why are you here?" I ask, confusion laced in every word.

"I live here stupid."

"You know what I mean." I snap. "And if you just came up here to argue with me then you need to leave cuz I am NOT in the mood."

"You've been crying." He states.

"You can tell?"

"Yea. Your face is redder than usual."

I burry my face in my hands and sigh.

"Why are you sad?" Zayn asks.

"Why do you care so much?"

He paused.

"Well I figured if we are going to be brother and sister I might as well treat you like one."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Never in a million years would I have expected you to say that to my face." I pull my hands away and look Him right in his eyes. "I thought you hated me or something?"

"Well you know that saying 'if a guy is mean to you they like you'?" He smirks.

My eyes widen in alarm. He couldn't.... Could he? No no no. There's absolutely no way. Nope.

"Yea well it's fake because I really just have never liked you." He laughs at my reaction.

So he's sitting over there laughing while I almost just shit my pants.

I pick up my pillow and chuck it at his head. That made him stop laughing.

"I know you did not just throw that at me." Zayn stops laughing, his face becoming completely serious.

To be honest it kind of scared me.

Just when I was about to respond someone else walked into the room. 2 people actually, that I don't like.

Kayla and Alani made a face when she saw Zayn sitting on my bed.

And he gave them the same disgusted look back. "Why are you up here with that?" Kayla asks.

I keep my face emotionless. Giving them a reaction makes it better for them so I don't.

Zayn turned his face back around to me so that the girls couldn't see. He rolled his eyes.

I had a serious omg moment. I guess we have more in common then I thought. We both like to roll our eyes and I don't think he likes either of those girls either.

"It's none for your business so you can leave now." He sasses.

Oooo someones been getting lessons from Frankie.

"We were actually coming to get Blaze." Kayla says. "There's a lady down in Mindy's office that wants to talk to you."

I frown slightly.

"Ok.." I trail off, standing up.

"When your done talking come find me ok?" Zayn says quietly so the girls couldn't hear him.

I give him a nod and make my way downstairs. I didn't even need to see the persons face to know it was Brinne. I could just tell from her Carmel colored, long hair.

"Hi." I give her a wave.

"Well hello!" She stands up happily and gives me one of those 'your going to suffocate me' hugs.

When Brinne finally let's go of me. She has a small smile on her face. "I came by today because I was just on my way up to my studio and I was wondering if you would like to come?"

Ok to be honest I really didn't want to go right now. But that hopeful glint in her eyes would make me quilty if I said no. Plus she's just trying to get to know me better.

"And I was hoping we could talk about some things on the way there." Her smile started to disappear.

That made me uneasy. It was probably bad news. And I always get anxiety when I hear about bad stuff. That's one of the reasons why I ran away from my family.

My mouth went dry. "Uhhmm....well I just got back from shopping and I just wanted to lay down and take a nap. But...but maybe next time you could call or something? Just to make sure I'm not doing anything.....then we could go?" I was looking everywhere but her.

"Oh. Alright that's perfectly fine! I'll make sure to call Mindy next time before I show up."

When I looked up at her she was smiling.

Pheww. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Good. I'll see you soon then." She grabs her purse from her chair. And starts to make her way to the door. "Oh wait! Before I go would you mind going to get Zayn for me real quick?" Brinne adds.

"Oh. Uh sure." I go out the door before her. Zayn said to come find him when I was done. Ugh now I have to walk around. I really just wanted to go to sleep right now.

The first place I looked was in the living room. The only person I saw in there was this kid named Alex.

The next place I looked was the boys room. I found 4 other people up there. I couldn't name them because I don't care about them so that's that.

Finally I looked out the window in the backyard. And of course there he was, sitting on the wall surrounding the grassy area.

Walking out to the back I almost ran the door into one of zayn's friends, Darius.

He gave me a hard glare as he stopped the door with his hand.

I rolled my eyes. Well if he didn't want to be hit don't sit there, moron.

I walked over to where Zayn was, but not before glaring back at Darius.

"It was Brinne that wanted to talk to me. Now she wants to talk to you. She's still in Mindy's office." I look up at him.

"What did she want to talk about?" He asks.

"She wanted to take me to her Art Studio."

"You said no?"

"Um yea. How do you know that?" I ask slowly.

"I'm good at guessing." He shrugs, jumping off the wall. "I still wana talk when I'm done with Brinne he says as he walks away, inside.

I sigh and wrap my arms around myself.

Here in NY it was starting to get colder. And that meant snow. I absolutely hate snow. That's another reason why I can't wait to get out of here. When I go to collage I'm going somewhere warm for sure.

Sitting down against the wall I wait for Zayn to come back.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

It had been about 20 minutes since he left me outside. And since then some of the younger kids came out to play on the swing set. That meant the older kids went back inside.

But not me. I stayed. And waited. And waited. And waited.

Finally I stand up because I lost the feeling in my fingers. Running inside, I'm relieved when a rush of warmth warms my body.

Ok now to go find out if Zayn ditched me or if he's dead or if he's still talking to Mindy because ima be mad if he ditched me.

So I walked into her office and looked around.

Nope no one in here. That means Brinne is gone and Zayn DID ditch me.

Ok ok. Calm down. Now that he doesn't want to talk to you, you can go to sleep.

But he really seemed like he wanted to talk to me. Maybe Brinne just took him out or something.

Oh well I'll just ask him tomorrow or something.

So I went upstairs and back to my comfy bed. Pulling up the covers over my head, it didn't take long for the light to fade to darkness.

**********************
Sorry it took so long to update and I know nothing happened in this chapter but oh well. I promise next chapter will have more Zayn and Harry scenes! Where do you think Zayn went??😏
**COMMENT, VOTE, SUBSCRIBE!**