THE BEGINNING

As I walked down the corridor with the two guards who were escorting me to my cell, I was lost in my thoughts, "It wasn't might to be like this, Rose couldn't be alive. Maybe Mr. Detective is messing with me".

"This way", one of the guards said to me because, I was moving passed the door to the cell hall. I stopped, turned back and walked back to the door. One of the guards said to his mouth piece, "DDDFR". The door opened and they walked me to my cell.

Two Days passed and I couldn't sleep. I just lay in bed pretending. All I wanted was to actually know if I didn't win because that way I'd know the game isn't over. I really can't keep having sleepless nights, I have to do something real soon.

The third day after my morning chores, I went to have a shower. It was just me in the bathroom. "Looks kooky, who do we have here? "Said a voice from the bathroom. I turned and looked and saw Dorcas and a very innocent looking girl. They both held hands as they walked in the bathroom.

"Deaf, good thing you're here", Dorcas said as she walked to me and turned off the rushing shower. "I need you to hold our towels as we bath", she added as I just stood and stared. Dorcas called for the girl standing to take off the towel, which the girl did then, Dorcas took the towel from the girl and gave it to me.

"Take it", Dorcas said to me. I inhaled and took it off her hand. Then Dorcas smiled as she turned to the girl, stretched out her hand to her and said, "Isn't this romantic? C'mon Angel, lets shower". The girl replied with a smile as she went to Dorcas and they both got under the shower.

They were both busy having fun while I walked out leaving their towels on the floor. Being a slave today isn't going to happen. I took my clothes with me as I exited the bathroom into the cell hall.

"You look sad today" said Sophie who just got beside me, walking by me as I walked to my cell, tilting her head to see my face. "Tell me what's wrong with you, I might be able to help" Sophie added as I didn't reply to her first statement.

"Sophie!" I called her name and stopped moving then said "Thank you but, if you really want to be helpful, just leave me alone for now" as soon as she stopped with me. Sophie just stood at were we stopped, watching me walk away.

"Haaaacrk! Please get ready for your weekly examination, which will proceed in 10 minutes", voice from the speakers.

In groups we went for our examination one after the other.

It got to my turn. I stood up from the waiting chair and went to sit on a metal chair in front of the Examiner, Mr. Godwin Goodwill. The examiner was a bold, a middle aged, nice and friendly. I enjoy the sections every week because; he makes me feel comfortable and also tries to start up a chat. Anytime I seat in front of him, I always put on a smile but this time, I couldn't remember to smile because, my mind was elsewhere.

"Ms. Tracy, where are you today?" Mr. Goodwill said to me. I was immediately off my thoughts and consciously smiling to cover up. "You look disturbed, I know you enough to know that", Mr. Goodwill added as I kept on smiling. The smile on my face seemed weird. It felt different from the feel of my normal smile. "Did you get in a fight?" Mr. Goodwill asked me while getting his tools in place. I looked back at the girls at the waiting chair and then at Mr. Goodwill, then I said "No, I am just worried about my sister outside these walls". Mr. Goodwill used a tiny touch examining my eyes and as soon as he was done with the eye examination, he took up his note and was jotting down as usual when he asked "What about your sister? Do you miss her? Or Did something bad happen to her?"

"Something like that", I replied to his question.

"Something like what? You haven't told me anything yet", Mr. Goodwill said as he chuckled.