THE KILL IN THE WOODS

Hey babe, why are you so quiet? I said I am sorry for ignoring you at the bar. Is it hard to forgive? Grace! c'mon, cheer up! I was not checking out that waitress. It is our day okay? It is going to be fun just you and I tonight away from work and everyone. Josh says to the girl seated by the drivers seat next to him as he drives. Grace replied "I'm not still talking to you with the way you embarrassed me so bad this afternoon in public, just because I caught you and confronted you, you winked at her, I saw you". Josh glances at Grace from the side then he turns his eyes and keep driving head straight on the road "Oh now, do not take that so serious. Why are you not talking to me? I am going to go out of breathe soon. Josh smiles then takes another quick look at Grace then back at the road. You know I do not like the silent treatment" says Josh. Two hours passes by and they both are in silence. Josh takes a left turn into a street and keeps driving slowing through the street. Josh looks at Grace, her eyes are shut closed. He then exclaims ,"Yay! We have arrived. Grace murmurs, "Finally the same day we arrive! I will finally have some good relaxation and with this creepy your Grand father's cabin in the woods. Don't know why you like it here so much. "

"And finally I have some more air to breath on.", Josh says with smile on his face. "I was not talking to you.", Grace reminds Josh but Josh says, "You just did babe! Yeah more air." then after which he inhales. Grace sits speechless enduring Josh's contumelious speech. Josh drives by a merely fenced house, into it's gateway and stops the car right in front of the house. Grace wears her shoes, Josh opens the car door and rushes out to open the car door for Grace. After which he goes to the car trunk to get their luggage and some drinks off the car into the house. It gets late, almost clocking the twenty second hour, Josh holds a glass of wine dancing as he climbs upstairs.

The wind whistle as a young girl stands watching through the window into the house. "It is a wonderful night." Josh says loudly from upstairs. The music playing from the cabin was the only noise that could be heard. Josh comes jogging downstairs to Grace, as he gets near her to grab her to himself, Grace frowns and crosses her arms on her chest. Josh notice she is still obviously mad but did not really care. He releases the hug and falls into the couch with Grace, they fall sitting on the couch near by. Josh picks up the wine and pours it into his glass, takes a sip then says to Grace " it's our day, why are you in this mood? We are here, it's our third anniversary. I know you love me & I love you too, so go get a glass from the kitchen." Josh picks up his glass of wine and says, " let's toast and drink until we can't anymore".Grace looks at him then stands up and walks to the kitchen. She gets into the kitchen, walks to the cabinet in no rush as she consider if she should forgive Josh for what he did. She opens the cabinet door and takes a glass. Suddenly, Grace hears a noise and immediately she looks around to see who it is but, finds no one. Grace closes the cabinet's glass door and as the glass could reflect at Grace, Grace sees a girl standing behind her. The girl points at Grace.Grace turns back to check who she saw, but there is nobody. Grace gets afraid and calls for Josh's help. "Josh!" Grace screams out loud. Josh, who is tipsy from the few glasses of wine he had drank, runs to the kitchen to rescue Grace from whatever problem she could be in. When he gets into the kitchen, Grace runs to him holding him close while pointing at the spot she saw the girl stand. "I saw a girl standing over there, she looked cold." Grace says so sure. Josh quickly searches around for anyone or clues but finds nothing. He tries the door and it is locked firmly. Josh starts laughing and tells Grace, "you are seeing things. Maybe it is the stress. Josh takes Grace's hand and gently they both move to the sitting room to drink and enjoy the rest of the night.

15 minutes passes and Grace was not still sure about what she saw so; she stands up from beside Josh. "Babe, Give me a sec.", she says as she gets up. Grace then walks to the kitchen to cross-check, just to be sure if what she saw was actually her imaginations. Grace gets into the kitchen, she sees a knife stabbed on the kitchen table. Grace stares at the knife, her eyes surprise to see the knife in such position which was not there before now. "Someone must be playing games with me, could it be Josh? or maybe i do not know." she says in her thoughts. As she move towards the knife, she hears a voice calling her to return and stay by him. It was Josh's. Grace turns away from the knife and faces the kitchen door replying as loud to Josh, " I will be there, give me a sec!". She shouts and as she turns to look at the knife, She did not find it where it was. She becomes afraid and wonders if it is actually her mind playing tricks on her. Grace slowly walks to the table and stretch to see on the table and find a stabbed mark on it."Grace! I am waiting for you! ", Josh keeps on calling. Grace immediately exit the kitchen and back to sit by Josh. Grace thought there's no need to be afraid anymore it could be an old mark and she probably is stressed. "it can be my mind playing tricks. I need to chill on these wine." Grace sits down by Josh, she pours more wine into her glass and there Josh is talking, laughing and all of himself.