TRUCE

Crying and pulling ,Mr. Tomas was on the floor crawling towards the door where Tracy stood with a smile on her face holding a match stick on the match lighter, about striking it. Mr. Tomas just kept on struggling towards the door. Tracy started humming a song. Same song she loves humming when on the verge of doing something real bad, while striking the match stick.

Two days ago on, Getting to sunset, a Friday evening. Tracy was happily playing with a doll on the rug in front of the TV. "Mum! Peter wouldn't give me my iPod", Rose shouted out loud while trying to take her IPod from Peter's hand. Mrs. Evelyn, who was reading a book, lowered the book from her view and looks towards Peter telling him to quit playing around and gives Rose back her IPod. Tracy didn't care about what was happening around. Mrs. Evelyn stood up and went to the kitchen to make herself a coffee. Rose and Peter arguing about who amongst them is more selfish and wouldn't share.. Then Tracy saw a shadow pass the window in front of her. She didn't know what is and didn't care to know but continued playing with the doll.

After some seconds, Tracy heard a cat meowing close to the window. She stood up immediately and went to check where the cat exactly was. Tracy got to the window and saw the black & white strips, green eye cat walking by the house. "I hate cats" Tracy said in a low voice while still watching the cat.

She watched the cat move around and to a nearby compound. Tracy turned and looked back to see what Peter, Rose & Mrs. Evelyn were doing. Peter wasn't there anymore; he had gone upstairs to his room. Rose was on her messenger while listening to music and Mrs. Evelyn was asleep with the book opened, resting on her stomach.

Tracy turned and looked at the cat again then walked to the front door & out towards the cat. On getting to the cat, she picked up a huge stone that her strength could carry. She hid it behind her as she entered the neighbor's yard. Getting to the cat, she patted its head and watched the cat enjoy it & as the cat's eyes closed, Tracy used the stone on the cat, hitting the cat over and over again on its head. Then she heard a gush sound & looked towards where the sound came from, seeing the neighbor's son watching her kill his cat.

He was about 14 years old. He ran inside the house and Tracy stopped hitting the pieced cat's head shattered around after five more hits and went back to her home to wash the blood off her hands and little stains on her cloth.

Later that evening, there was a knock on the door, Mrs. Evelyn woked up & went to get the door. "Hey neighbors, Mr. & Mrs. Tomas. What do I owe this visit? Please come in", Mrs. Evelyn welcomed the man & Wife. They came in with their son and were offered seats to sit down. "What can I offer you?" Mrs. Evelyn asked trying to be accommodating. "We want nothing but came to complain about what our son, Ben, told us he saw happen to his cat", Mr. Tomas said and his wife nodded in accordance.

Mr. Tomas continued, "my Son saw your daughter killing his cat with a stone and she just kept on smashing it's head. Mrs. Tomas used her hand to whip her face in disgust and bowed her head for a moment. Mrs. Evelyn was shocked and asked defensively saying, "My daughter? Rose? ". All eyes went on Ben, waiting for him to answer the question. Ben noticed the stare and the pause so he pointed at Tracy who was back indoors playing with same doll.

Mrs. Evelyn looked at Tracy who wasn't sitting much further away from them. "Tracy! Is it true about what they said?" Mrs. Evelyn asked. Tracy looked at the boy, then his parents & then to Mrs. Evelyn and nodded yes but had a happy look by her lips.

Mrs. Evelyn didn't understand why & what made Tracy do such. She was confused and wanted to discipline Tracy, so she ordered Tracy to go to her room & stay in all weekend. Tracy stood up, frowning deadly and breathing hard while walking upstairs to her room. Mrs. Evelyn apologized and asked if there's any way she could do & that she could pay for their loss but they turned it down and left.