THE PAINFUL TRUTH

People shouting, Sirens, Screams, everywhere was crazy. Mrs. Evelyn woke up, went to the window to check what was happening. She saw Mr. Tomas's house on fire, "Oh My Goodness" Mrs. Evelyn Said in shock. She ran to Rose & Peter's room, waking them up. Then as she went off to Tracy's room, she saw Tracy awake already just watching the burning house through the window with an evil smile expression on her face but that didn't raise any suspicions because all Mrs. Evelyn wants was to get the kids to safety.

"C'mon!!" Mrs. Evelyn was directing them all outside to stay close to the car. Then she went to someone nearby and asked if Tomas or anyone in his family survived. The person she asked didn't know the answer to the question and replied "Who is Tomas? Is he the owner of this burning house?" Mr. Evelyn immediately knew that, the person she asked is a stranger. The fire service was really busy trying to quench the fire while calling and checking for survivals. The entire neighbor's came out so shocked about the fire in their neighborhood.

Mrs. Evelyn went back to stay with the kids. It was 4am that morning. The fire eventually was stopped and then Mrs. Evelyn mind became relaxed and told the kids to go inside the house.

Mrs. Evelyn got closer to the ambulance, searching for someone with information. She saw a paramedic. She went to him, greeted him & asked if anyone survived the fire. The paramedic said, "It was fatal, No one could survive in this situation and I heard they found 3 burnt bodies downstairs. Mrs. Evelyn looked sad and as she was about moving to stay with her kids indoors, she saw Tracy's doll with a fire man. She immediately went to the man and asked how he got the doll. The man paused, looked at Mrs. Evelyn and asked who she was & why she's interested to know. Mrs. Evelyn said she was the Tomas's neighbor and she recognizes the doll. The fire man looked at the doll & then at Mrs. Evelyn then he said "Found it at the entrance of the house". He then dropped the doll into a bag and went to assist the other fire men.

Mrs. Evelyn went to the bag the doll was to cross-check if it was Tracy's doll whilst still wondering what the doll was doing at the entrance of Mr. Tomas's house that was on fire. "It's Tracy's doll, what's it doing there? Thought i grounded her not to come out of her room all weekend", Mrs. Evelyn was lost in thoughts when suddenly a deep male voice pulled her out of her thoughts. "Hello! Can I help you?", the voice said to Mrs. Evelyn who just turned to check who was there.

An average height, cute looking man in a black coat and a barge hung like a neck lace around his neck. He was just standing with his eyebrows up, waiting for Mrs. Evelyn to answer the question. Mrs. Evelyn stammer as she said, " I was just looking at the doll". The man smiled & said, " If you like dolls, I can get one for you but this one is an evidence", Mrs. Evelyn smiled back & asked the man who he was and he said, " I'm Roland Black, the detective assigned to this case and you are?". Mrs. Evelyn replied, "I'm Evelyn, just stay across. I'm the neighbor of the deceased". Mr. Black nodded and apologized for the death of Mr. Tomas & Family. Mrs. Evelyn just kept it cool then backed up slowly, about turning to head to her house, The detective said, "Ms Evelyn !", Mrs. Evelyn turned back, looked at him & corrected him, " Mrs. ". He took correction and said, "Mrs. Evelyn, you are going with one of my evidence". Mrs. Evelyn surprisingly looked her hand and saw the doll in her hand. And said, " Oh! I'm sorry; I'd just drop it back". As she was moving towards the bag to drop the doll, the detective stretched his hand and Mrs. Evelyn stopped & said, "or, I rather give it to you". She gave him the doll & turned heading home. The detective took the doll to the bag of evidence & in it went.

Mrs. Evelyn got in the house and sat down for a while then entered the kitchen to make some coffee & wondered what the kids would have for breakfast. Rose, Peter & Tracy were all back in their various rooms.