t w e n t y - s e v e n

lol hi i'm back
this story will be ending in like one or two chapters maybe??? so that means it'll go into 2019 with my update schedule lmAO
i'm kidding of course i'm trying my best here guys
i seriously regret writing all of this is past tense ajdjsj i started writing other things in present and now it just feels so weird
oH WELL
ENJOY THE CHAPTER
————————————————

"i'm-i-i'm really s-sorry."

dan's voice could barely be heard as stated down at his hands, playing with his fingers. in the case against his father, dan was forced to admit what had happened between he and corey. he was charged with driving under the influence, underaged drinking, breaking and entering, for attempted rape. the bail was quite large, and dan knew corey's parents wouldn't be able to pay, and neither would dan's.

corey smiled softly. "it's not your fault dan. i'm the one who did all of it. plus, it helped you win the case against that asshole. he's not gonna be able to leave for a long time yet."

dan sighed quietly. "he d-deser-des-deserves-s it, co-c-corey. you d-don't."

"don't go beating yourself up about this, dan howell. five years max? not that bad at all," he chuckled. "plus, i'm pretty well behaved. i'll get out before then."

dan allowed a small smile to form on his lips. "tr-true. th-the-there's no one m-more w-well-well man-m-mannered th-than you."

another smile from corey. "please, dan. don't worry about me. i promise, i really will be okay."

dan nodded, looking down at his hands again. "i kn-know-kno-know," he pushed on his knuckles, hearing the small satisfying crack as they popped.

"sir, your time is just about up. i'm going to need you to say goodbye," the guard's voice broke the silence, making dan jump a little bit in his seat. dan nodded once more, offering the woman a smile. he turned back to corey, whose face had dropped. 

"i-i'm-m sor-s-sorry. i wi-wish-sh i co-c-could stay long-l-longer."

"don't worry about it, daniel," corey kept his voice soft and light, but the sadness in his eyes was like a punch in the gut to dan. "just don't forget about me, okay?"

immediately, tears began to well in dan's eyes. "i w-won't."

---

dan sat down at the table with his mother, phil, and reagan. they looked worried, fear shining in their eyes brightly, while they wore smiles on their faces, hoping that would distract dan from the anxiety the conversation was giving them.

"is everything okay, dan?" his mother asked, grabbing ahold of his hand and squeezing it gently. "has something happened?"

dan shook his head. "no. no-noth-n-nothing hap-ha-happened," he bit his lip nervously, his eyes scanning the faces of the people sitting in front of him. "i th-thi-th-think i wa-w-want to g-go ba-back t-t-to s-sp-speech ther-therapy."

the room was silent. not even their breathing could be heard as they stared at dan in shock. all three of them were now aware of dan's traumatic past with his last speech therapist, and it came as a surprise that he was ready for something like this, especially so soon after things had gone down with his father. phil shifted in his seat, breaking the silence.