n i n e t e e n

GUYS I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT GIVING YOU A REAL CHAPTER IN 398236 YEARS. IM WRITING LIKE THREE CHAPTERS SO PREPARE FOR A SPAM (HOPEFULLY) OF STUTTER UPDATES AND (MAYBE) RUN AND COSMOS AND THERAPY I LOVE YOU THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AND LOVE

dan really didn't want to meet phil outside of the bakery. he wanted to get a fucking grip, tell phil off and say he never wanted to see him again, before running to corey's arms and staying with him. instead, however, he found himself shuffling down a dark road, using only the dim and flickering street lamps to find his way to the bakery. 

it was cold. colder than it should be in may. dan shoved his hands in his pockets, cursing himself under his breath for only wearing a thin hoodie. he was close to the bakery, but he couldn't find any reason to be happy about it. it was almost eleven o'clock, and he was on his way to a place that was closed to meet the boy he was cheating on his boyfriend with. absolutely nothing about the position he was in was in any way pleasant. 

good god, did he need to learn to stick up for himself.

as the bakery came into view, dan began to slow down, squinting up at the sign. patisserie valerie. damn, he loved this place. his mother took him here every week when he was younger. his father would always be so angry with her for spoiling him. he wondered if the creme d'amande was as good as he remembered. he'd have to come back when it was actually open. (fun fact i speak french whoop)

he stood under the sign, rubbing his hands together in an attempt to keep them warm. phil better come soon, or dan was going home. he pulled his phone out, deciding to text him. 

philip lester i swear to god, if you are not here in ten minutes, i am leaving.

he shoved his phone back into the pocket of his sweats and leaned back against the wall of the bakery. he let his eyes fall shut as he let the texture of the brick dig into his shoulders. dan had always dreamed of getting a house with interior brick walls. brick walls and hardwood floors. he loved the idea of it. he wanted large windows so he would rarely have to turn on the lights, and he could have plants around his home that got plenty of sunlight. 

dan's eyes snapped open at the sound of footsteps. he looked to his right, hoping it was finally phil, but it was two women, stumbling drunkenly down the street, clinging onto each other for dear life. dan sighed, pulling out his phone and checking the time. 23:08.

he knew phil wasn't coming. he didn't want to admit it - he wanted to believe that phil was sprinting down the street, hoping to be here on time, but in reality, dan knew he was probably out in someone else's bed, kissing someone else's neck. should dan be jealous? not at all. but was he? very.

he pushed himself off the wall, walking back the way he came. a huge part of him was relieved. he was tired, and really, why was he wasting precious sleep time on someone who wasn't his boyfriend? he was looking forward to being home and slipping into bed. honestly, fuck phil. he's a dumbass.

the walk back was shorter, and soon enough, he was pulling himself through his bedroom window, rolling onto the floor. he silently thanked god for the terrace that made sneaking in and out possible. he popped up and brushed himself off, pulling his hoodie off and jumping into his bed. he plugged his phone in and shoved it under his pillow, burying his face into his blanket.

his eyes fluttered shut, and the blissful feeling of sleep was quickly taking over his body when his door creaked open, and his body went rigid. his eyes stayed shut, as to not give away to the intruder that he was awake. quiet footsteps made their way across the room and dan struggled to keep his breathing steady. the bed dipped as the person climbed next to him, and they leaned down, their hot breath hitting dan's neck. a kiss was pressed to his ear, and dan gasped, still not loud enough for the person to hear.

then the voice came out, hushed and slurred, that made dan's eyes fly open. the voice he least expected to hear in his room at nearly eleven thirty at night. the voice that made guilt sprout in his gut.

"dan, baby."

corey.

-PLEASE READ-

so. have a new story out as you very well may know. it's called the most beautiful moments in life. now, it is not my number one story - the updates are incredibly rare as of right now. but i truly, truly believe it is some of my best writing. it would mean the world to me if you would check it out and maybe (PLEASE) share it. i put a lot of energy into the first two chapters.

BUT ANYWAYS HELLO IM BACK AND A NEW CHAPTER WILL BE UP SHORTLY AFTER THIS ONE

and @biimyou yes u will have ur moment soon i promise