t w o

the next day, daniel rose early, heart beating quickly in his chest as he threw the blankets off his legs. he bounded down the stairs and into the kitchen to his mother and father having a hushed yet heated conversation.

"he doesn't even know what that term-" his father hissed, his face red.

"daniel!" his mum interjected, giving a fake bright smile. "how are you sweetheart?"

dan stared at them a moment, his eyebrows furrowed, before looking at his mother, hope shining in his eyes. "c-can i go m-me-meet phil t-today, mum?" he asked excitedly.

dan's father muttered a string of curses under his breath and stormed out of the room, shaking his head. his mother watched him leave, her forehead crinkling up, before turning back to dan. she smiled softly.

"of course you can, my love," she said sweetly. a large grin formed on dan's face and he raced out of the kitchen to pull on his boots and jacket when his mother stopped him.

"no, no, darling," she began tiredly, laughing as dan looked up at her with large eyes. "not until you've had your breakfast."

dan pouted and stomped back into the kitchen, hopping onto one of the chairs surrounding the dining table. dan's mother brought over a plate of french toast that had been cut into small bites with scrambled eggs and a bit of sausage. dan ate quickly, occasionally rambling to his mother about phil, who watched him with a knowing smile. once he was finished eating, dan raced out of the kitchen once more, pulling on his boots and coat. his mum leaned against the dooframe as he did so.

"sweetie, are you sure you don't want to get dressed first? you're still in your pyjamas, you know," she said, walking over to the boy.

he shook his head quickly and pulled open the door, turning and hugging his mother's legs tightly before stumbling out of the house. he bounded over the fence separating the houses and dashed to the front door, gasping fro breath as he rang the doorbell. reagan's father opened the door, smiling warmly at the boy.

"hey there, dan." he greeted. "you here to see reagan?"

dan turned red, smiling up at the man. "y-yes. but i am a-al-also h-here to m-meet phil, si-sir,"

he chuckled quietly and stepped aside, allowing dan to come in. he walked in, feeling shy, giving mrs. lester a small smile. the woman wiped her hands on her pants and crouched down, opening her arms for the boy. he ran over and wrapped his arms around her neck, giggling.

"hello, darling," she chuckled, swaying them from side to side playfully before pulling back. "are you here to meet phil?"

daniel nodded. "y-yes," he said quietly.

she nodded and stood back up, resting her hand on his head as reagan ran into the room, smiling largely upon seeing her best friend.

"hi dan!!" she exclaimed running over and hugging him. "are you ready to meet phil?"

dan nodded excitedly, letting you reagan take his hand and drag him up the stairs. as the two neared the older boys room, he prayed in the voice he wished so dearly to have,

please let him like me.

----an----
not edited and v late yikes sorry
alSO
I HAVE THE SEQUEL FOR CERTAIN UP
ITS CALLED FANBOY
LOVE ME
THANKS OKAY BYE FRENS