f o u r

"dan!" the boy's mother shouted from downstairs, making him drop his toys in shock. "come down, please!"

daniel stood up and bounded out of his room, heading straight to the kitchen. his mum was standing at the counter, chopping vegetables.

she looked like she had been crying.

"hey sweetie," she said, giving him a weak smile. "you ready to help me out, then?"

dan nodded, shoving a stool beside her and climbing on top of it. "w-what's wrong, mummy?" he asked, wiping her cheeks.

she shook her head, laughing to herself. "i'm alright, baby. mummy's just having a hard time,"

dan's eyebrows furrowed. "be-b-because of d-dad?"

she hesitated for a moment. "yeah, i guess you could say that." daniel opened his mouth to say something when she cut him off. "but we're not here to talk about me! how was meeting phil?"

dan blushed, shrugging. "he th-thought ree and m-e were dat-ting," he giggled and drew shapes in the counter.

"well, are you?" his mum asked, moving the veggies to the sink to rinse them off. she looked over her shoulder, smirking playfully at her son.

"no!" he yelled, scrunching his nose up in disgust. "she's j- just my fr-friend."

"throw those away, would you darling?" his mother laughed. he nodded and scooped up the scraps lying on the cutting board, dumping them into the bin. "why don't you want to date reagan? she's a sweet girl, right? and she's cute,"

dan shook his head. "yeah, i m-mean, she's c-cute. but i do-d-don't like her l-like t-th-that," he explained as well as he could.

"do you like phil like that?" the woman asked, pulling the chicken out of the fridge and looking at her boy.

dan turned bright red. "m-mum. i..i-i'm-"

"daniel james," his mother began, kneeling in front of him and taking his hands in hers. "i want you to know that it's perfectly acceptable to like a boy in that way. just because you see lots of boys having crushes on girls and vise versa, does not mean a boy liking a boy or a girl liking a girl is a bad thing. do you understand? it's fine if you have a crush on phil. reagan does not have to be your girlfriend because she is your best friend. okay?"

dan nodded, smiling sheepishly at his mum. "o-okay,"

she smiled up at him, leaning forward and kissing his forehead before standing up and fiddling his hair. he shoved her hand away playfully. "c-can you stop(popsey)?" he giggled.

"hey, don't give me that attitude mister," she shook her finger at the boy in front of her. "now, grab the rice from the cabinet, would you? we haven't got all night,"

----an----
so in case you havent noticed, two things:
1) aidrian does not exist
2) these chapters aren't going to be very long
but

i love dans mom sm in this kill me
hope you enjoyed it
love ya xx

~unedited good job me~