Chapter 20

JASON, BRANDON AND Victor’s jaws instantly dropped meanwhile, Drake wore a smug smile on his rugged face. The rest of the crew were oblivious to who Tabitha was and stood idly as they waited for somebody to say something… anything.

 If Jason could move, he would’ve literally lunged at his brother and beat him to a pulp. Beat him till that tiny Neanderthal brain of his was nothing more than a bowl of slimy mesh!

Five years. It’s been five long years since he’d seen Tabitha; since he’d drop her off at the airport for her flight to Boston where she was to attend Northeastern University for Engineering. She wanted to become an Engineer just like her dad had been.

Last he’d heard, she’d graduate from college but he didn’t think that she would move back to Miami. The way she use to complain about the crowded city and it’s hot temperatures, Jason thought that she would’ve stayed and reside in Boston, but she apparently didn’t.

Clad in a pair of light blue shorts with rips in it topped off with a flimsy light blue v-neck shirt and loosely tied black combats boots, Tabitha looked just as hot and care free as she did when she left Jason for college. But he wasn’t just bitter about it. He was angry and bitter. They had to go their separate ways and he had to find a way to get over his bruised ego after she practically brushed him off for a month before she left for Boston then gave him a pathetic excuse as to why she did it when he asked her.

Jason wasn’t too keen on the girls that attended his high school for one specific reason, desperation. They were all desperate to get into the circle that he was a part of just because they wanted to be known by everyone. They all wanted high school fame and to become the only girl to be accepted into their circle but Jason and his friends never let it happen; that is to say, not until Tabitha came along their senior year.

When she first started attending their school, she was automatically known as the girl who didn’t give a damn what anybody had to say about her. Outspoken, witty and unbiased, she easily made friends but was never actually inducted into a circle until she crossed Brandon and Carter for not watching where they were going. The group took an instant liking to her and forcefully befriended her. She fought them off at first but soon relented and went with the flow of things.

She was genuinely interested in getting to know who Jason and his friends were and that was an attraction all on its own. She played sports with them, got dirty with them, ate like a pig with them, played wingman for them, tutored them and did it all while threatening their lives and manly body parts and making them laugh.

Things were great and they became one huge happy high school family. Brandon, Victor, Jason, Carter and Robby –who moved back to Canada after high school— were glad to finally have such a cool girl in their group. They treated her like one of the boys but at the same time, they recognized her for the beautiful and sexy girl that she was. Throughout their group, there was only one rule: Do not hook up or try to hook up with her. That was proven to be harder than they thought but the boys accommodated …or at least they tried to.

Jason was fine with that one rule until one night he found himself alone with her in her house with no parental supervision and about as horny as his teenage body had ever been. Tabitha noticed and made fun of him for ten whole minutes until he became annoyed and tackled her down onto her bed. One thing led to another and they somehow became friends with benefits for the rest of their senior year.

They snuck around and screwed each other every chance that they got. Things were great until Robby left football practice early one day and caught them all over each other in the back of a staircase in the school. All four boys banned Jason for a whole week then showed up at his house and high fived him for being the only one to get her into the sack while also admitting that they all tried to do the same at some point.