Chapter 8

THE MINUTE JASON walked into his apartment bedroom and plopped down on his bed face first, his phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He groaned but fished for the phone anyways.

Without bothering to look at who was calling him, he answered the phone. “Hello?”

“It’s Carter.”

Jason blew an exasperated breath. It was too early in the morning to be dealing with anybody from last night. “And your reason for calling is…?”

“You always did have a smart mouth.”

Jason gave him a short laugh that contained no humor at all. “You still didn’t answer my question.”

“Mason tol-”

Jason cut him off. “Ahh Mason. I forgot that he made you his personal bitch.”  

Carter stayed quiet for a few seconds before replying to Jason’s low blow. “Five o’clock. Miami Beach 2540 sunset drive. I should’ve just texted your stupid ass.” Carter growled out the information to Jason and immediately hung up.

Jason shook his head while chuckling at Carter’s stupidity. He tossed his phone onto the bed and decided to shower before he slept his now minor hangover off.

            Jason felt the bright Miami sun on his face as he laid on bed and grumbled. He opened his eyes to see five pairs of eyes staring back at him. “Really guys? Get out!” He shouted at his friends who were all filled into his bedroom.

“We’ve been calling you all day ass wipe!” Brandon spoke up as he brought his socked feet up and kicked Jason on the side with force.

“Oomf! What the hell?! Brandon do you have a death wish?!” Jason yelled at his idiot best friend who he seriously considered killing at the moment.

Brandon gave him a dry look and sat on the edge of the bed. “So where did you go last night?”

Jason ignored him. “How did you guys get in here anyways?”

“You're seriously asking us that?” Victor asked as he leaned his back on the wall.

“Oh yeah. I forgot you guys are partially criminals.”

“I don’t know about the rest of them but I'm not a damn criminal.” Dennis piped in. “We’re just good at getting in and out of places. And stop talking like you aren’t just like us. We run together.

They all turned to look at Dennis with a scowl. It took him a while to realize what he had just said. “Oh. My fault.”

“It’s cool.” Jason muttered as he looked at the time. He had a few hours before he had to meet up with Mason with the drifter. He turned to Chico and gave him a remorseful look.

“Even though I wanted to skin you alive last night, it’s fine Jay. Just be careful with the drifter and keep Mason’s claws off of my baby.” Chico gave Jason a wry smile and nodded, giving him his approval.

“What time are you meeting up with Mason?” Drake asked taking Jason’s spot on the bed after he got up to throw on a shirt and basketball shorts over his wife beater and boxer.

“Carter’s punk ass said at five.”

“Seriously why does Carter still have your number?” Victor asked with malice in his voice. He's hated Carter longer than any of them because of his ex girlfriend but Jason believed that it was Victor's own fault for two timing her to begin with.

Jason shrugged. “Beats me. I should’ve changed it a long time ago.” He slid on socks and his Air Max and headed out to kitchen where the rest followed him.