Chapter 21

“I’M NOT GOING to ask you again. Where’s my fucking money!” Mason sat in the chair across from Pete and watched as fear washed over his suddenly pale face. His blue eyes were as wide as saucers and they sunk in while his Adam’s apple bobbed up and down in fright as Mason rose up from his chair and loomed over him like a predator on the verge of attacking its prey. 

Mason felt a surge of power overwhelming his senses and decided to use it in order to teach the yellow belly idiot sitting across the small table from him a lesson on spending money that wasn’t his to spend. Two things that he didn’t mess with: his money and his girl. The penalty for doing either was torture or death. Depending on his mood that day.

“Please Mason. I pr- I promise I’ll get your money by the end of the week. Some things came up and I-I needed it. I needed it bad.” Pete pleaded.

“I’ve been generous enough Pete.” Mason replied with a steady calm that was similar to one before a dark and angry storm. “But, I think you need a little something to …remind you of who it is that you’re really fucking with.” He pulled out his M9 berretta from the small of his back and set it on the table between them with the barrel facing Pete’s direction then he pulled out a pocket knife and set it down right next to the gun. “Pick your poison.”

“B-b-but I said that I would get you your money this week. Please don-”

Mason cut his begging off. “You have ten seconds. Fair enough, isn’t it?”

“If you kill me then how will you g-”

He cut Pete off once again. “I’m not going to kill you… at least not until I have my money.” He looked down at his watch and then back to Pete. “Five seconds. You’re wasting time.”

He watched as tears started rolling down Pete’s face and his skin became a pale white, devoid of any color. Mason smirked. Like a parasite feeding off of blood, he fed off of fear. He loved to see the fear in someone’s eyes before he caused them bodily harm. It gave him power. It meant that he was an alpha. He had money, power and respect. That was what he craved.

“Times up!” Mason swiftly picked the pocket knife up, flipped it open and drove the sharp point down into the back of Pete’s hand that was fidgeting on the table and twisted the weapon through pierced flesh.

“AAARRGGH!! Shit! Shit man!” Pete’s body shook with the pain as it reverberated on his face. He began to scream in agony due to the immense pain in his right hand. His cries echoed throughout his small and dainty apartment as the wind outside shook the loose window panes.

Without a bit of remorse, Mason slowly and unmercifully pulled the knife out of Pete’s flesh and fractured bone as he continued to scream out in anguish. Crouching over the table till his face was only inches away from the tormented blonde man, Mason scowled “Look here you little fucker. You have till the end of this week to have my damn money or,” he grabbed the gun off of the table, pointed it at Pete’s temple and cocked the hammer “I’m blowing your freaking head off!”

Pete audibly gulped and fervently shook his head at Mason while cradling his injured hand against his now bloodied light blue t-shirt. Mason cocked his body straight up and tossed the bloodied knife onto the floor. With a vindictive smile he saluted Pete. “Great! Have a nice night.”

-Four days later

                    Machayla carefully touched her bruised cheek as she looked into the fogged up mirror in the bathroom and instantly flinched. Even the slightest touch caused it to hurt. In twenty-four hours, it transformed from being just a soft spot to a big dark purple bruise. It was so bad that the heaviest concealer that she owned couldn’t do much to hide her mark and she had no choice but to show up at the clinic and lie to Doctor Salene about how she got her bruise.