Chapter 7

HE WON THE race. Now they were really unbeatable. There wasn’t anybody who would be dumb enough to challenge his crew now because they just beat the only ones who would.

Now it would be like old times when they would race together. In all honesty, he missed those days. And as sappy as it sounded, he missed his friend. No matter how much of a tough guy front he would put up in front of him and his brother, Carter knew that the friendship that he shared with Jason was a good one until he left their crew. 

 Carter made his way to where Mason’s Benz stopped at the finish line and grinned. “Well I guess you did something in a day that I couldn’t do in a year Mason.”

Mason grunted. "What the hell did you think would happen?” Mason asked with a smirk. “That I would lose?”

“Well… he is one of the best out here.” Carter took a cautious step back when Mason growled at him.

“Oh, is he? Well since he is the best and I beat him, I think that title belongs to me now wouldn't you agreed? And well since he's is second best now, I guess you wouldn’t mind if he took your spot in our crew now would you?” Mason didn’t wait for Carter to answer and instead walked towards his new crew mate.

“What?! C’mon on man you can’t do that to me. I’ve been in this with you since the beginning!” Carter rushed after Mason.

“Watch me Carter.” Mason stopped in front of a pissed off Jason which was leaning on the hood of the drifter and gave a wide grin. It might as well had been Christmas because he just received exactly what he wanted and needed to cut a deal with the top dogs of Miami’s drug traffickers.

 *

            Jason was fuming. He lost the race by a second because of a stupid mistake that was made on his part. Somehow, someway, he forgot about the sharp turn at the end of the road and yield too late Resulting in Mason –who yield at the right time—to speed ahead of Jason and win the race.

Jason wanted to hit something and Mason’s face was the closest target… Actually it was the best target but he knew that he had to keep his anger at bay or else things would get pretty bad for him while dealing with Mason.

“Welcome to your new family Jason.” Mason held out his big hands for Jason to shake but let it fall after he realized that Jason had no intentions of being friendly with him. “Ok. Well then, I guess we’ll have to be a dysfunctional family if that’s what you want. Either way, a deal is a deal. You run with us now. You should actually be flattered.” Mason continued to speak but Jason just glared at the tall brown man who was actually just an inch taller than him, and dug his balled up fist into the pockets of his black Levis.

“He may be part of your crew but you have got to be out your freaking mind to say that he’s now a part of your family.” Drake came up from behind Jason and glowered at Mason.

“Oh, how sweet." Mason with smirk. "Be what it may, family or not he’s still part of my crew now.”

“We know what you plan on using him for. I swear on my father’s grave that the day you harm my little brother in anyway, I will hunt you down and kill you myself!” Drake growled out. He was now standing toe to toe with Mason with about three inches in between their nose.

Mason smirked at Drake. “Good. So it won’t be a huge surprise when I send him to work.” He ignored Drake’s threat and took a couple steps back. “Jason I expect you at my house tomorrow afternoon. Carter will text you the address and time. Hmph! Interesting how he still has your number. I thought he hated you.” He took one last look at the two brothers and their crew behind them and nodded. “Good night gentleman. Pleasure doing business with ya.”