Swan?

Many Days later

Sara was throwing a party tonight and guess who is in charge of drinks, that's right me. I guess this whole bartender gig is just turning into a lifestyle. Sara and I prepare everything for the party and we stood there staring at the space.

"We make a pretty good damn team." I nod in agreement. She goes down the list then gasps. "We are missing the dips Killian." I laugh. "I can get them." She sighs. "Which store is open right now?" I shrug. "Who knows, but I'll find one." She nods. "Thanks you're the best." I nod.

I grab my keys and made my way to the car. I got in and drove away. No store was open right now so I continued to drive. 20 miles down the road I finally found a store well it was a pharmacy. I walked in and I went to the chip aisle. I grabbed a couple of dips and made my way to the checkout stand. As I turned I bumped into someone and everything I had in my hands fell.

As I was picking up my things I saw little medicine bottles of children's cough and fever medicine. "I am so sorry," I say as I picked it up. "It's ok," I heard the woman say. I looked up and gasped as I was handing the woman the medicine bottles.

"Swan?"

Emma's POV
Melody has had a bad cough for a while now and her fever has been going up and down. I am extremely worried but the doctors said to keep her fever down at all costs and that's what I've been doing.

I walk into the room and I see Melody with her laptop and under her blankets. "Mom, I am so close to finding Dad, I can feel it." I sit down and touch her forehead. She was extremely hot. "Love, your fever is not going down." She scoffs.

"I'm fine." Then she starts to cough and cough and cough. She finally stops and groans. I check the time and it's time for another dose of medicine. I go and check the bottle and there was no medicine left. I check the time and it was 12am. There are no stores open at this time, but I had to find one and buy the medicine Melody needs.

"Melody, I'm going to go to the store to buy more medicine." She nods. "Don't worry about me, I'll be here looking for Dad." I sigh. "Melody dear, take a break from that." She shakes her head. "Mom we need to find him." I smile. "We will continue after you get better." She sighs and nods.

"Ok mom." I smile and nod. Melody closes her laptop and lays down. I tuck her in and kiss her forehead. "I'll be a phone call away." She nods. "Drive safe mom." I nod. "Love you." "Love you more mom." I smile and turned off the lights. I grabbed the keys and made my way to the car. Once I got in, I drove away.

I couldn't find any store open and I was getting frustrated. I drove 15 miles outside the city and I came across a 24hour pharmacy. I parked and ran inside. I grabbed the medicine and made my way to the checkout stand. I stood there checking the bottles to make sure I grabbed the right ones. That's when a man bumps into me and they fall.

"I am so sorry," I hear him say. "It's ok," I say and he hands me the bottles and I stood still. "Swan?" I hear the man say and I continued to stand still. It was none other than Killian. Melody had been looking for him for weeks and I found him.

"Emma." My heart was pounding so fast, I was nervous, after telling Melody all about Killian I have him standing right in front of me. "Killian." He smiles and nods. "How you been?" I smile. "Good." He nods. "Is everything ok with your child?" I gave him a weird look. "Why?" He smiles.

"I mean you're holding children's medicine." I smile. "Oh yeah, that's right." He nods. "She's a little sick." He gasps. "Is Oliver looking after her?" I half smile and sigh. "Umm we aren't together anymore." He gasps. "I'm sorry." I nod. "Yeah I need to get back to her, she's a little sick." He nods. "Of course." I start to walk away, and then I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Killian....." I turned around and he nods. "I need to tell you something." He nods. "What is it?" My hands started to sweat, I didn't want to tell him but I have to, not for me but for Melody. "Umm how can I say this..." He half smiles. "You don't have to tell me anything, whatever happened between you and Oliver..." I shake my head.

"No Oliver and I are history, it's just I don't want what I'm going to tell you to affect you." He smiles. "Oh Emma, I'm alone, I lost my child and well Caitlin left me." I gasp. "Killian..." He sighs. "It's ok." I nod. Now more than ever he needs to know about our child.

"This is about My child, her name is Melody." He smiles. "Beautiful name." I nod. "Oliver is not her father...." He gives me a weird look. "What do you mean?" I take out my phone and show him a picture of Melody and I. "You are." He grabs the phone and gasps.

"Emma...." I nod. "I'm sorry..." "Melody is my daughter?" I nod. "She is, I mean she looks like you." He gets mad and hands me the phone. This is what I was afraid of. "You kept this from me all this years Emma?" I nod as tears started to form in my eyes. "You kept our daughter away from me?" I nod.

"I'm sorry." He shakes his head. "Does she know?" I nod. "She didn't Before, but now she does." He shakes his head. "She found a video of you singing on YouTube and she loved you and she said she wanted to look for you and well long story short I had to tell her about you." He continues to be mad as hell.

"You mean to tell me that you weren't going to tell her about me at all?" I shake my head. "No I lied saying that you were on a trip." He shakes his head. "Emma you had no right." I nod. "I know, I know." He grabs his head. "I had a daughter all these years and you kept her from me." I closed my eyes and nodded.

"Of course I did, you didn't let me tell you about Melody that night." Killian calms down and gives me a weird look. "What night?" I wipe the tears. "Our date, remember when you broke it off with me." He nods. "I was going to hand you a blanket that had a surprise sewn into it." He gives me a weird look. I go through my pictures and find a picture of it.

I show it to him and he starts to tear up. "Baby Jones?" I nod. "I was so excited to tell you Killian, I was scared at first because I didn't think we were ready but I knew that there was nothing to be afraid of because we would raise the baby together..." He closes his eyes and turns away.

I know it's a lot to take in but I had to tell him. He turned around and sighed. "I didn't give you a chance right?" I nod. "You left me." He nods. "But you still had many chances to tell me after that." I shake my head. "Look whatever happened after is my business and that includes Oliver." He nods.

"I'm sorry Killian, I just wanted to forget about you." He nods. "I'm sorry." I nod. "I'm sorry too." He nods. That's when I look at the medicine and gasp, Melody, she needs them. "Killian, Melody is sick I need to get home to her." He gasps. "That's right." I nod.

"Can I come..." I shake my head. "It's too soon." He shakes his head. "I have a right Emma." I sigh. "Let me talk to her first and then you can see her." He smiles. "Thank you." We went to go buy the medicine and we got into our cars and Killian followed me home.

I was nervous and scared, I didn't want to lose Melody but this needed to happen. All I can hope for is that Killian and I can come to an agreement and share custody of Melody because one thing is for certain; he will not be keeping Melody all to himself.

-Alexanna & Lula💕