The Inevitable

Its time for our baby to come into the world and I am super excited. We have prepared everything for the arrival of our little baby. Life has been hard for me but I finally got over Emma. The only thing that gives me a peace of mind is that she's not alone and has someone at her side and she has a kid so its all good.

Along with having everything prepared, tonight my plan to get rid of my dad and his business will come to pass. I am really nervous because anything can go wrong, any little mistake can cost me my life and right now I need to be alive so I can be there for Caitlin and our child. I had asked all of them to meet me for a gala I organized.

Connections from around the world are coming tonight but little do they know that this is the last night that they will ever live. After tonight my father's business will perish and everyone who was a part of it will die.

I know it sounds harsh but this is the only way, the only way for us to be at peace and for this to end once and for all. Im getting ready and Im fixing my tie as Caitlin walks into the room. She comes and fixes my tie then gives me a half smile. "Everything will be ok Caitlin." She sighs. "I know Im just scared that something might go wrong."

I caress her cheek, "nothing will go wrong love." She smiles. "You look good by the way," I say and she blushes. "Even though Im huge as can be?" I shake my head. "You're not fat, you're carrying our child." She smiles and I hug her. "Remember to stay in my office after you escort the men to the small room, ok?" She nods.

"I promise." I nod. "Yes so after I start the fireworks that's when the plan goes in play." Caitlin nods. "Remember to not drink anything. Nothing you hear me?" She nods. "I wish you could stay here but if I don't bring you my dad will act suspicious." She nods. "Its ok love." I give her a soft kiss and smile. "Lets do this." She smiles and nods.

We get to the gala and everyone is mostly there, it really killed me to have to do this but I have to do this. I went and greeted everyone and asked the waiters, who where some of my contacts that are helping me get through with this, to make sure everyone had a drink, even if they didn't want one. Everything was running smoothly and I was happy.

Time passes and it was finally time to make the grand toast. "I would like to thank everyone for coming to this gala. We are here to celebrate my leadership and the continuing of this wonderful business." Everyone clapped. "Caitlin and I will promise to fill your pockets with endless amounts of money as we fill the streets with booze and drugs."

Everyone clapped again, I then went and got a glass and lifted it in the air. "A toast to our awesome business." I then pretended to drink and everyone drank as well. i then went and pressed a button and fireworks shot off. We were close to a pier so it didn't matter. "Please enjoy this lovely display of what firepower can do." Everyone walked to the window as Caitlin escorted the men to the small room.

She brings the glasses in, and sets them on the table then walks away and closes the door. "Son you have surprised me so much." I smiled as I sat down at the front of the table. "Im happy and with my plan you will be even more surprised." He nods and everyone else sits down around the table.

I start to explain my plan and everyone is just in shock. My dad gets up and gasps. "I knew we did good in picking you as the next person to lead our business." I smile.

"Thank you." I nod. "And this gala you organized was such good idea, this way everyone can know we are united." I smile and nod. "Well gentlemen, lets make a toast for the future of our business." They all nod and smile.

Everyone sips then they start to gag. My dad shakes his head and so does one of his partners. "I knew this was too good to be true." I laugh as I put my glass down.

"I knew killing you by a drink would be too easy for you." His partner takes out a gun, and points it at me. I put my hands up and I laugh. "Its only you two that are left." They gasped and ran out the door. Everyone was laying dead on the floor. "You killed them." I smiled.

"Yes I did." My dad's partner cocked the gun and I hear a shot but it didn't come from his gun but from my dad's. "He's not going to kill you,  I will." I laugh. "Try me father." He starts shooting at me but I shielded myself from the bodies that were laying on the floor.

He ran out of bullets and we started to fist fight. That's when I hear the timer, this place is going to explode and I needed to get Caitlin out of here. I hit my father so hard he was out cold.

I grabbed Caitlin from the office and went on our way out the entrance. She was safe outside and that's when I feel a bullet hit me on my back. I fell to my knees and groaned. That's when I feel another hit, on my back as well.

He turns me around and kicks me. "Get up and die like a man." I spit out blood and chuckled. "I didn't know you wanted to die with such honor." He scoffed and cocked the gun. He stood back and pointed. "Im sorry son but you picked this path."

I took a deep breath, at least I knew Caitlin was safe and sound. Thats when I hear the gun go off but as I blinked I see Caitlin get in front of me.

I scream as I see her fall down. My dad had shot her in the belly and she was bleeding out. "You bastard!" I screamed. He chuckled. "Oops." Thats when I see some of my men coming to help Caitlin. I had my dad in a choke hold as they took her away. "You will pay." He chuckled.

"You won't kill me, you had every chance but never did." I see the men disappear with Caitlin and I smile. "I have the chance now and I will take advantage of it." He chuckles. "We shall see son." I grabbed his neck and I cracked it and he instantly fell to the ground.

I stared down at him and shook him a little bit, he was dead. "Goodbye father." Thats when I look at my watch and there was a minute left before the whole building was going to be demolished. I ran out the entrance and as soon as I stepped out the doors shut. The demolition had begun.

Minutes and minutes passed by and all that was left was dust. There was no sign of anyone and now there will never be a sign that my fathers business ever existed.

I get a call from one of the guys and let me know the location in where they had caitlin. I get to the location even though I was in pain. I get there and Caitlin was in tears. I looked at the guys and they had something covered in a blue cloth. "Is that?" He nods. "The bullet hit the baby in the heart." I fell to the ground. "No?" He nods. "Caitlin is safe but the baby is gone Killian." I screamed so much.

I get up and I walked over to Caitlin and I hugged her. "Our baby is gone Killian." I hug her tighter even though it was killing me from the bullet wounds. "Im sorry my love, Im sorry." My God I guess this was the cost to pay to end this horrible business. I would have rather died than my baby.

Sobs filled the room and the only thing Caitlin and I could do was comfort each other as we endured such horrible pain.

-Alexanna & Lula💕