~*Chapter Three*~

- Another chapter, please note that the pictures beside are not the characters. They are just something to tease you -wink- Here is 'Hard To Love' by Lee Brice.

                                                          ~*Chapter Three*~

People stared at me an awful lot of time and I rarely gave a fuck. But with the room full of hunks that loved to ride on horses, you couldn't help to be nervous. You would never know if one of them liked to ride you instead. Although it was silly of me to think that any of the demigods would take an interest on me, but I couldn't risk it. I was here to look for the country singer, not falling in love or getting drunk and having sex. And Kyle was certainly not in my list, now matter how hard I wished it to be true. But work was work, I swore to put my feeling aside, focusing on the job alone.

But could I even make it without being eaten by one of those Channing Tatums?

"So, Tristan," I snapped back to reality and blushed when I realized Jasper was talking to me. I nodded for him to go on, "why are you here? I don't believe people like you came here for a vacation, am I right?" People like me?

Jasper might had the cutest dimples that I would love to lick on but he sucked at making conversations. I found out about that throughout the previous light talk, Jasper couldn't say one thing that didn't make people sad or angry. Kyle might have used to it but I wasn't, he even asked me whether I was rich so he could just rob me to pay his rent. Seriously, who asked that?

"No Jasper, people like me do not come here without a reason. We come here because apparently we have a job and we need to get it over with. I'm here to find a singer."

I usually didn't snap at stranger, without a reason of course. If the someone really hit my button, I would double it back. Well, at least I thought I do. The last time I did that I made someone cried, that's common, right?

"Who?" This was the other part of Jasper I hated, his dense mind. He didn't quite catch on where were the insults at. I sighed, earning a small smile playing on Kyle's face. How sweet, he knew I was uncomfortable.

"I don't really know, Jasper. He won our company 'One Hit Wonder' singing show, and I have to find him to personally congrat him and take him back to LA to make his dream comes true." I felt a strong taste of toxic in my mouth when I said that, disgusted by my own words. Such ironic.

"'One Hit Wonder'?" Kyle asked, confusion splashed all over his face. Jasper just looked bored and I forgave him. He's just like those idiotic country bumpkins without a care of the world, no matter how hot he was.

"A TV singing show, where people vote for their favourite and see who will the title. And basically someone here in Texas won it." Did Ryan Seacrest take over me? 

"Well tough luck, man. There ain't nobody here will go all the way to Los Angeles to win some show. The mayor wouldn't allow." Jasper replied for once, waving his hand in the air. Kyle looked alert as he shot a glare at Jasper before returning to me, smiling. That's down right weird. It seemed like Jasper shrank under Kyle's glare, like it was poisonous.

"As Jasper was trying to say, the mayor didn't like us to compete in something that isn't approve by the society." Kyle explained, still smiling at me. His smile didn't strike me as beautiful anymore, it just screamed creepy for now.

"Okay..." We continued our conversation with another topic, breaking the awkward talk we had just now. But my mind couldn't stop wandering, Kyle looked bothered by Jasper's fact. Who was this mayor person while the big question was, what were they hiding?