~*Chapter Sixteen*~

-Vote for Angela Millers in American Idol!

                                                         ~*Chapter Sixteen*~

Almost instantly, we simply let the silence ruled our space. Hands still intacted, I looked out the window. I tried so hard to focus on the airplane that was about to take off, but knowing the warmth in my hand was still restless about what happened just drove me mad.

But Luke Diamond was a man, a man with an ego that'll never talk about his concern.

"Let's go," I managed to pull free the grip, "they're waiting."

The door was swung open immediately on Luke's side and before I could even open mine, Luke was there with one hand reached for me. I mumbled some coherence words, waving Luke's hand away and hopping off the seat onto the ground. Thank God I caught my balance, I wouldn't dare to humiliate myself in front of Luke again.

Not yet.

The wind ruffled the leaves and the dust began to pick up by it. Even here, which I considered the most crowded place, the parking lot was still looked deserted. Only some pick-up trucks or monstrous trucks like Luke were seen. It had me wondered if anyone here did own an actual car. I took a wary glance at Luke, who was scanning the area with too much force I thought his eyebrow would meet.

Light shot down from the clear sky, Luke Diamond's weary shining blue eyes were looking for something. Or better yet, someone. He might be looking for the others but I was fear it wasn't that simple. Luke took a last look upon a dusty red jeep and held my hand in his. The warmness was back and it somehow found a way to tug on my heartstring again. I couldn't believe the effect was this strong, the electricity in my spine was the only proof.

Luke's hand was different. He had the hands of a man, you could easily feel the callus here and there. Years of lifting weights and doing heavy chores, his hands had been the victim. But to my surprise, there's always a hint of softness when he gripped my hand tighter. It's the unexpected soft roughness that turned me on so badly. The strong heat radiated from the skin just made everything felt much better.

"Come on," I cleared my throat and began to follow him from behind. He kept me close to his back and my face was hid behind his bulging bices. His natural body wash hit my nostrils, he smelled of pure manliness and strawberry?

 The distance was short as we passed through the fences and reached the glass doors. There're a lot awful of young men standing outside, greeting everyone that came out from inside. I narrowed my eyes as I looked at a specific brown jeans guy trying to flirt with a woman that was nearly in her fifties.

"Don't look at them," Luke's voice had me pulled away from the couple. The strain on his forehead was obvious but he tried to remain his face in a poker face state. With a one last squeeze on my hand, we entered the building.

The cool air smashed on my face and caught me off guard, it'd been awhile I got a taste of fresh air and not the hot air of Texas. The view before was stranger to me as I was surrouded by only cowboys ever since I'd been here, but it's also too familiar back in Los Angeles. People were actually trying to walk around each other, standing impatiently in lines and dozzing off in the seats. The mega board on the row of counter were filled with colourful letters. Instantly, I scanned the timetable. 

All Departure:

16:30   Los Angeles EZF0852   Gate Advised: 15:10

I looked down the timetable,

Now is 14:45

Something screamed at the back of my mind, asking me 'what was I waiting for?'. That's right, I could be back in Los Angeles if I wanted to. Luke had given me back my wallet that I left in my car, along with my passport. I had the credit to buy the ticket, I had the I.D to get me passed. Screw the car, I could go back and left this shit.