~*Chapter Seventeen*~

-Vote & Comment -puppy dog eyes-

                                                                    ~*Chapter Seventeen*~

Recap - "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I should value my life more often because now I'm doubting the part which why I was still working with Stella.

Girls gone wild was the best phrase that could describe Stella the Witch after hearing Jasper had lost her so-called gem. Even with three hunks that could probably hammer down a bull with ease, Stella was signing her death wish as she still decided to climb up their faces to tear them apart. I would never rip clean my memory of Stella's black laces underwear when she kicked between Jasper's legs. No guys liked to see a woman kicked a man's nuts. It's a nasty memory, I could genuinely feel the pain just by looking at Jasper's face. Kyle was going to be her next victim when Luke decided to grab her wrist, sharing an intense glare between each other.

Now in the middle of nowhere, we were standing in a deserted parking lot waiting for Kyle's friend who hadn't shown for the past two hours. I was dying in the heat here but it seemed everyone was enjoying themselves, Stella mostly.

"Let go of me, you flithy pig."

"I'll let you go if you stop pestering my boys."

Luke Diamond was definitely a suspicious man.

I'd always thought Luke as a easy-going kind of character, never bothered with things that had gone mad. Back in the bar, no one talked much about Luke, not even Kyle or Jasper. It's strange since I knew for the fact everyone here knew everyone, and it's only logical to think that someone as close as Kyle would know more about him. Yet, I got nothing. Now seeing this scene in front of me made me questioned if there're more than I've known of this little town, whether Luke was what he claimed to be.

A flaming cocky cowboy with nothing to hide. 

I've gone through a wide search of this little town in a small care where it's the only place that had internet and it's still designed as a cable system. Google helped a lot but not as much as I thought it would be. A few pictures of the infamous goat milk from Dilly Daily farm, roosters fighting and a creepy-looking man holding up a jug of foaming beer. There's also a short article about the winning mayor election of Klaine Rafael Rider, which I would guess he was James' grandfather. But the article was around 1837, the math was unbearable. But I did come to a solution that he must be James' great great-grandfather. 

And it meant the Rider family had been mayors of this town for God know when.

"Tristan, what are you thinking?"

I jolted up from the hood of a beat-up muscle car, my feet kicking backwards at the license plate underneath. I watched in horror as one of the numbers tore from the plate and hit the dusty ground.

"Shit."

Kyle simply stopped me when I bent over to pick it up, shaking my head in humor. "Just leave it be, Mike ought to fix it anyway."

"Do you people ever stop stalking everyone in this town? It's an unhealthy hobby one should not be doing. And it's considered as a crime too, in my country. Are we even in the United States?" I knew I was rambling, but I wanted to know more. I was seriously hoping Kyle would answer my question, only to be frowning at Kyle's contagious smile.

"So how are you coping with the weather here?" I guessed no luck of finding anything but to wait for Luke's confession after this whole drama ended. I sighed and gave Kyle a drool stare, running a hand through my sticky hair.