Compromise Me: Chapter 19

Chapter 19

When Livie got back to the office that afternoon, Brandon was gone, and Josie told her about his visit. Livie said, “I was wondering when he’d stop being a dumbass about that.”

“What should we do?”

Livie laid down on the floor -- odd for her -- and put her feet up a wall. “Half his problem is that he’s already got a reputation,” Livie said. “No one wants to collaborate with him.”

“Half his problem is that he doesn’t want Bradley to resurface,” Josie argued, eyeing Livie’s prostrate form.

“There is that, too,” she replied, closing her eyes and placing her hands on her belly. “M.G. said you set him straight earlier. Good for you.”

“I think he needs to come clean,” Josie said. “If his manager is using that as a way to keep him, then Brandon needs to just let it out of the bag.”

“How will you convince him of that?” Livie asked, breathing slowly.

“What are you doing?” Josie finally asked.

“Meditating,” Livie said with a slight smile. “What do you call this? Dead Man?”

“It’s a variation of Savasana...Corpse pose,” Josie said. “I’ve never seen you do that. Why are you doing that?”

“It’s supposed to release muscle tension and anxiety,” Livie said, sighing heavenly.

“Among other things,” Josie said, and tipped her head to the side. It did sound great, right now...letting the body sink into the floor, the mind relax. Savasana was one of Josie’s favorite restorative poses...she could lay there for hours.

Kicking off her shoes, she joined Livie on the floor. “Oh, yeah,” Josie said, her eyes drifting shut. “I needed this after today.”

After a few minutes of quiet, Livie said, “I saw Travis heading down to the basement with his guitar. That only means one thing.”

Josie said, “He’s upset that I want to help Brandon.”

“Is that all?”

“And he thinks Brandon is trying to get into my pants...Travis’ words.”

“What do you think? Is he?”

Josie sighed. “Brandon has done some stupid things lately, but I don’t think he’s that stupid. He knows he needs this studio if he’s to get his reputation back in order. He won’t bite the hand that feeds him.”

“Has he tried to kiss you again?”

“Brandon?”