Simple Love Pt. 2

Nicki woke up a little later than her usual waking up time and she fairly surprised that the girls hadn't come to wake her up yet. Nevertheless she got up and did her morning routine before putting on a pair of sweats and a long sleeved t-shirt.

She made her way down the stairs of their home to the sound of the piano playing. She gave a small smile as she walked into their living room and rested against the door frame to see the three of them sat by the piano as drake played. Zaria sat next to him, fascinated by how the instrument worked as Luna sat in his lap, completely oblivious to what was going on but was happy nonetheless.

After sensing a new presence in the room, Zaria looked around only to spot her mother, causing her to smile and jump of the little bench and running towards her. "Morning mommy," she said enthusiastically causing Nicki to chuckle as she picked her up.

"Morning princess, I see you're enjoying playing the piano with daddy," Nicki said before placing a kiss on her daughters cheek, who gave her a nod. She walked over to the piano with her and sat her on it before reaching for her youngest. "And how are you Miss Luna," she said and gave her a kiss, gaining her a smile and giggle.

"Morning," He said to her and they briefly made eye contact before she responded.

"Morning," she said back and there was a moment of silence as she just placed kisses on her daughters cheeks before she spoke up again. "Aren't you supposed to be at work?" She asked and although she seemed calm and at ease, the iciness in her tone was highly evident.

"I took the day off seeing as we had a morning appointment this week," he simply gave her before standing and removing Zaria from where she was sat and kissing her cheek. "I made you breakfast, why don't you go and eat whilst I get the girls ready," he suggested before reaching to take Luna out of her arms. She passed her over before giving him and quiet but gentle 'ok'.

They went their separate ways and Nicki just went and got her breakfast which was still warm and took a seat at the island. As she ate she just sat thinking about the past few days.

The atmosphere had been a lot calmer and even though the tension was still evident, there had been a lot less arguing. She had been curious as to what had happened during his session, but just like he had given her her privacy, she had to give him his.

She didn't know why, but she had a funny feeling about today sessions, and something told her she had every right to...

-

"After speaking with you both and hearing your own queries and sides to your untold story, I felt a session like today's was necessary," he looked between them both as they just listened intently. "Today's session is going to be a question an answer. I want you to take it in turns to ask each other questions about any situation that you feel is necessary to bring up. Mrs. Graham I want to you to start,"

Nicki just took a deep breath and watched as he relaxed into his chair. "As simple as it may be, I want to know why," she said before turning to give him her full attention as she looked him in the eyes. "Why did you do it?"

He broke eye contact with her for a moment as he thought before returning his gaze to her. "To be completely honest with you, I don't know. I don't know why I did it and I can't find any valid reason to justify it. It was a mistake I made, based on a spur of the moment decision, that I can't even seem to understand now," He spoke gently never breaking eye contact. "It wasn't your fault, I promise you that there is nothing you need to change about yourself that steered me towards doing it, it was a stupid mistake,"

Content with his answer she just gave him a small nod before allowing him to ask his question.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.