chapter twenty five ↝ the lookout

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter twenty five!
the lookout
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter dedicated to; jenzieggos !! i honestly love talking to you ahaha!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

•••

mackenzie was crying

mackenzie was crying. she has always been this kind-hearted, sensitive person. she was thinking about the letters she had made for johnny. she was starting to regret making them, she didn't even know if she was going to give them to him anymore. johnny doesn't know about these letters at all.

mackenzie began to think that he wasn't looking for her anymore and that he gave up on her. which made more tears come from her red eyes.

she was getting confused with her thoughts. she didn't want him to come because one, he was talking to lily, and mackenzie was someone who jumped into conclusions sometimes. two, she was kind of confident he'd choose her, but she didn't know the answer to that yet. and three, she wasn't very happy with the recent 'argument' they had. but yet she did want him to come because she really loved him with all her heart, and with him coming, she would feel more of his care for her.

johnny had checked every single place that popped into his head, but every idea that had been thought of weren't the correct location.

he decided to check the roof; a place that he would often secretly go to when he was down. he didn't think mackenzie would be there, but he at least had his hopes.

he ran up and up the stairs, excited to see what was going to be right before his eyes.

but yet again, there was no one.

he just sat on the roof, already about to give up.

should i just stop? he thought to himself.

no, i can't. i have to find her. he thought again.

he stood up again, going downstairs.

once he got out of the school, he walked around town. maybe she was somewhere here. he passed by the café, forever 21, the book store, disk and tape place, nothing.

until, bam. he had a eureka moment.

the hill. she must be on the lookout place.

the clock hit 7:00 pm, yes, he's been looking for her that long. but that night, it was pitch black and everything. cold and lonely.

johnny ran across the field, heading up to the hill he had most expected her to be in. this had to be it, it had to.

once he arrived at the lookout, he saw mackenzie, sitting on the bench. shivering as the cold wind blew.

he took a seat next to her.

"i don't wanna hear it," i say, moving a little bit away from him

"it's cold kenzie, why are you out here?" he replies, removing his jacket and putting it on me.

"not taking that offer, but thanks." i say, taking the jacket off.

"kenzie, please let me explain." he states.

"shush." i say, placing my finger on his lips.

"johnny, i've had enough. you've been confusing me these last few weeks, and i need to know. tell me how you feel, right here, right now." i say. i begin to feel goosebumps, i'm really nervous.

"how i feel about what?" he asks.

"me." i say.

"well, u—uh," he says.

"go." i says. i could tell he was nervous about what he was going to say next.

"mackenzie, i really like you. i'm so sorry for hanging out with lily at first— i just thought she was really nice and stuff, and she is, but she isn't like you. i messed up, bad, and i'm so sorry. but i really like you kenzie, and when i saw you run away i just had this urge to come over, and i did. i'm really sorry."

"i just needed to know, thanks. you're forgiven," i say, a warm smile comes upon his face. i had to give him a chance.

"didn't think it'd be that easy," he says, i punch his arm playfully as usual.

we have a moment of silence, just admiring the cold silent night.

"well, i should get going. mom's probably worried as hell," i say, standing up from the bench.

"wait!" he says, i look back to see him standing.

"come over here," he says, i walk back to him.

he takes my two hands, holding them. i feel our fingers intertwine.

"what are you—" i ask.

"shush," he chuckles, imitating me.

as cliché as it sounds, we gaze into eachother's eyes. he tucks a strand of baby hairs blocking my face.

then, he kisses me.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
author's note!
i. love. jenzie. thanks.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
question of the day!
where did you think mackenzie was?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

thanks for reading!! hope you enjoyed 💗