chapter twenty two ↝ we used to be something

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter twenty two!
we used to be something
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter dedicated to; @TYS_910!! thank you for your support!! <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

•••

i rub my eyes, taking notice of someone who was beside me

i rub my eyes, taking notice of someone who was beside me. i don't really remember anyone crawling into my bed.

oh wait, it's mackenzie.

she looks gorgeous when she's asleep.

but i don't want to wake her up, it's 4:30 in the morning. maybe i'll have some alone time today before having breakfast with the family.

i grab a plain black shirt as well as some swim trunks, you'll never know if you'll get wet or not.

i walk outside of the cabin kenzie and i are sharing. the lake is right outside, and it's beautiful to see the view, especially early in the morning.

i skip some rocks, until i hear the door of my cabin open.

"hey john. you woke me up," kenzie says, in a sweater and shorts.

"oh, sorry." i apologize.

"it's all good. were you the only one awake?" she asks.

"yeah, pretty much." i reply.

"well, let's do something! we can't spend the morning like this," she says.

"but the sun's just about to rise," i say, she raises her eyebrows, crossing her arms.

"it's our last day here! let's use our time when we still have it. now come on!" she says, grabbing my hand.

that's adorable.

we were just exploring the forest, where kenzie would step on the leaves and hope for them to crunch. she would be very unhappy if she didn't hear the satisfying sound.

"john! john! john!" she shouts, shocking me.

"what?" i ask, she points to a squirrel.

"it's a squirrel!" she yells.

"and?" i ask. why is she freaking out over a squirrel? we've seen squirrels in this place since we were 6 years old, according to lauren.