chapter twenty four ↝ where is she?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter twenty four!
where is she?
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter dedicated to; bandkid2001 !! you're really nice and fun to talk to!! i hope you get well soon.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

•••

johnny woke up the following day, wanting a longer amount of rest

johnny woke up the following day, wanting a longer amount of rest. once he had gotten up from his bed, it suddenly occurred to him that it was monday; the day where he had to set down his final decision.

although, he really didn't know where to begin. the boy knew he had slightly had more feelings for one of them, but there were just so many things getting in the way.

he began to think about the pro's and con's.

dating lily would be amazing. she would really care about you, be incredibly kind, and love you. the con's; nothing really, she was technically perfect, but johnny had thought different.

being with mackenzie would be great too. she would always make sure you're okay, be nice, and love you endlessly. although, to johnny, there were many con's. sometimes she wouldn't control her temper, or disagree to everything— she was different.

yet at the same time, johnny had thought those con's were what made her. what made mackenzie. and to him, those con's were completely worth it, but yet it would be very difficult for him to go through.

johnny really didn't know anymore.

after he realized it had been already ten minutes of contemplating, he immediately thew on a navy blue shirt, along with the varsity jacket the team had given him, also his usual black ripped jeans.

once he got down, it was still 6:00 am, whereas school began at 7:00.

he decided to leave early and walk to school.

after a twenty-four minute long stumble, he had finally arrived at school, or as what he calls it, torture.

he was still stuck.

it was still 6:24, still 36 minutes away.

johnny then decided to head to the basketball court to shoot some hoops. basketball was his escape from life at certain times, and it helped him think.

here goes a three-pointer , he thought to himself.

fast forward >>

it was finally the end of school.

mackenzie had expected that johnny would tell her by now, and he did know his decision, but he wasn't entirely sure. he didn't want to break one of the girl's hearts.

lily approached johnny happily, she was excited to see him again.

"hey john!" she greets, smiling widely as she leans on the locker next to johnny while he places books in his locker.

"hey lily," he replies, giving a fake smile. he wasn't in the mood, he needed time for himself.

"what's wrong?" she asks as johnny closed his locker.

"nothing." he says.

"come on, johnny. you can tell me anything," she says.

"it's a bit of a secret." he says.

mackenzie then walked out of her classroom, and she had seen johnny and lily talking. she wasn't sure what was happening, but she yet still felt hurt since johnny hasn't talked to mackenzie in— forever. while he has been texting lily almost their whole trip.

she attempted to run somewhere secretly, but she wasn't able to— johnny had already seen her.

"i'm sorry, i've got to go. i'll see you later," johnny says to lily, out of the bloom. lily had felt weird about her conversation with johnny, she noticed he was a bit— off.

although, johnny didn't know where mackenzie went.

he then checked the girl's bathroom, he didn't care. he checked the holes under the cubicles to see if there was feet, but, there wasn't.

he went to the football field and checked the seats and what was behind it, nothing.

he went back inside, and checked the classrooms, still no one and nothing.

he checked the gym, nothing.

he checked the cafeteria, no one.

where is she? he thought to himself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
author's note!
sorry if i took so long this past week, i've been busy with school.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
question of the day!
what's your favorite time of the year?
christmas.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

thanks for reading!! 💞