chapter seventeen ↝ you're funny

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
chapter seventeen!
you're funny
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
watch the edit i made above!! to be honest i'm pretty proud of it, haha. please don't try to steal it xx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

•••

i walk around the halls of the school, it's currently our ten-minute break we have after two periods after lunch

i see annie and nadia, i walk up to them since it's been pretty long ever since johnny woke up.

"hey guys," i say to them, they both give a warm smile.

"hi kenz, have you been doing alright? we heard." nadia says, i sad-smile.

"yeah kenzie, we're worried about you. you've seem so sad lately." annie says.

"yeah, i guess i'm okay." i lie, it's a bad habit but it's a only for the best.

"oh no," annie says.

"what?" nadia and i say sync.

"johnny's talking to lily. you were right about him liking her, look at the way he looks at her!" annie says.

"oh," i say. nadia pats my shoulder.

"you're funny," i hear lily say, johnny smiles at her.

"mind if i try again?" he asks. i suppose he was too nervous and began to stutter when he asked her out. exact same thing happened when he asked me.

"it's okay, it's a definite yes anyway." she giggles, and he smiles.

it hurts to see him with another girl.

and i'm still shocked that he liked someone literally after a week he woke up! it's unreal!

"we're sorry, kenzie." nadia says.

"no, no, it's okay. as long as he's happy." i say.

but i could make him happier.

flashback <<

— april 14, 2017

he slowly began to lean onto me, and then he kissed me.

no! no! no! this isn't right!

"hayden— i can't do this. i'm already with someone!" i panic.

"right. i'm so sorry, kenzie!" he says, worried.

"i'm a horrible friend." he says, we both take a seat on the bench.

"i'm a horrible girlfriend." i say.

"i'll get going. again, i'm so sorry kenzie." he says.

present []

"kenzie?" a familiar voice says, i open my eyes, and i'm in the school clinic.

"you fainted." johnny says.

"oh— sorry." i say, he chuckles.

"it's okay. nadia and annie brought you here just in time when i was gonna take my meds." he says, smiling.

"miss ziegler, your friends said that you zoned out and fainted, if you were wondering." the nurse says.

"and for you mister orlando, here are your medicine. take it every three hours a day." she says, he nods in reply.

"it was nice seeing you kenz, i'll see you soon." johnny waves, smiling back at me.

it hurts to even think about you.

you see the effect you have on me?

"kenzie, you need to get some rest. have a nap for awhile." the nurse says, and i lie down on the little bed we have in the clinic.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
author's note!
poor kenz, she fainted and saw lily and john have a moment ;(
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
question of the day!
what's your favorite place you've been to?
vancouver and los angeles!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

sayonara!! (correct me if i'm mistaken, this is goodbye in japanese, right??) 👋🏼