Chapter 9: A Warriors first step...

Leo and his friends had been walking for half a day now. They were following The Lion Knight, Joseph Sandoz to the planet's capital. They were all tired and exhausted, but Joseph seemed like he could keep going for days. Leo wasn’t really paying attention to where they were going though. His mind kept playing back the fight he just had with Hector. Something didn’t seem right when he had kicked him. Leo knew Hector’s strength or at least he thought he did. He kept himself lost in thought when suddenly Hector’s voice broke the silence on the road.

Hector: "Goddamnit man... I'm bored!!"

Leo: "Ay callate cabron." (Oh shut up asshole)

Hector: "Ey! No es mi fucking culpa (Hey! It's not my fucking fault) that we're walking on this boring path that has nothing but boring trees and your stupid ass!!"

Joseph, sensing the tension, decides to butt in before things got ugly and said "I didn't know you guys spoke Avarish?"

Leo and Hector: "Que?!" (What?!)

Joseph: "Yeah you guys are speaking Avarish... you didn't know that?"

Shana: "Um Joseph... I know you keep forgetting and it's hard to believe especially now that we all know we can speak Avarish, we're from Earth remember? On Earth that's called Spanish."

Joseph: "Oh right... yeah well that language originated from the ancient Avari. Before they were united by the great queen, Kesara, they spoke another language before that... I believe it's called Lazarin. Similar to Earth language Latin... Or I do believe it's one and the same... yeah I think so. Anyways what origins do all of you come from on Earth?"

Shana: "We'll we're all Hispanic actually. Do you know what that is?"

Joseph ponders on it for a moment. "Yeah I think so. Textbook studies were really not my specialty when I was at the academy. I became an Imperial Knight at the age of 10. Its unheard of since in most cases you have to at least be 15 to join the ranks of the squires, and to become a knight takes at least three to four years of studies in the knighthood. I'm not the youngest knight in Imperial history, but I was a special case because of whom my father was... maybe later after we get to the capital I'll tell you my origins. But as you were saying about being Hispanic?"

Shana: "Wow, that's actually pretty cool, but yeah If you can remember certain countries, I'm half Cuban and Puerto Rican, Monica is full Puerto Rican along with Hector, and Leo is half Honduran also half Cuban."

Leo: "What about you, Joseph? What species of human is in your blood?"

Joseph: "Well on my mother's side I'm Avari, on my father's side I'm Argiean. But I was born here on Centeria, In Imperial space. Ever since the alliance formed Neucenia, we don't believe in countries anymore... only home planets. Being from different countries means you have different origins, and sooner or later someone will believe that their country is better than another's. This will cause ideas to conflict and when ideas conflict between nation's they go to war. We are all from the same planet therefore we shouldn't fight, but more importantly we are all human, regardless of what origins we come from, we all bleed the same red blood, so we should cherish that life we all share and learn to live peacefully amongst ourselves. That's something my father used to say a lot."

Monica: That's nothing special. It's kind of like us, how our parents came from different places and cultures, and how we were born somewhere else, what your father said is simple common sense."

Joseph stopped in his tracks and unsheathed his sword! Leo quickly un-sheaths his Katana too and points it at him. Hector, Shana, and Monica quickly draw their weapons as well and point them at Joseph. Leo takes a few steps toward Joseph in order to put himself between him and his friends. "What the hell are you doing?!" Joseph begins to look around. "Shhh we're being watched. There's about seven... maybe nine of them surrounding us." The bush next to Joseph starts to rustle and he jumps back a few feet pointing his large blade at it, "In the name of the Imperial Kingdom I command you to come out!"