Chapter 1: The Awakening, part I

Chapter One: The Awakening, part I

On a distant planet during a clear, blue, calm evening, there's a large mountain range, but everything is not as tranquil as it seems. There’s a sound of metal clashing in the distance with great force! Out of the blue two dark blurs appear above the mountain range  moving at great speeds causing the air to ripple with energy!! As the blurs collide, the sound of metal clashing can be heard once again shaking the very foundation of mountains below. The blurs stop in midair only a few feet away from each other.

On closer inspection the blur on the left is a large red dragon flapping its wings in order to stay afloat. The dragon then levels itself revealing a young man riding on top. The cold wind at the high altitudes whipped his long red bandana back and forth before it fell back down to his lower back. His bandana held up his spiky dark brown hair, that swayed in the wind. The mighty dragon shifted along with the constantly changing air currents as he gripped the saddle with his left arm revealing the blood red armor that protected his hand, expanded into his black triangle shaped shoulder pauldron, adorned with two silver studs.

The young man tried to calm his dragon by gently patting it with his red and black combat boots, but the young dragon grew restless, making his chest armor shake with excitement. The dragons wings flapped with more ferocity causing his flame designed pants to ruffle in the piercing wind and his bandana to fall onto his right shoulder. He carefully lifted his right arm up to his shoulder pushing the bandana over it with the hand guard of his katana. He dropped his arm back to his side as his black gauntlet brushed his leg, and the black muscle band contracted against his bicep.

The dragon then roared at their opponent, revealing another young man that somehow floats in the trifling air. He brushed off some of the dragon’s drool off his left shoulder pauldron, even though his right one was constricting his movement. He smiled as he flattened out the wrinkles on his long sleeve blue silk shirt, and dark blue silk pants. The wind whipped around him, making the laces on his shoes smack the middle part of his long blade that he held in his left hand. The young men stare at each other for what seems like hours as the hot sun, and cold mountain air berate their skin. The tension in the air thickens with every muscle twitch between the two. Their auras collide almost causing the air to light up with energy. Finally the dragon lets out a loud roar! The two opponents charge at each other and their swords clash with a loud *CLANG!!!* The force is so intense that shock waves of energy shoot in all directions as the clouds disperse; the mountains below them tremble as the sounds of falling boulders echo through the clear skies!

They duel in the air circling each other as they increase in altitude, making their circles of death smaller and smaller as one tries to gain the advantage over the other using their speed to make their turns faster than their opponent’s. In this aerial dance of cold steel and certain death, unwavering swords impact as they close in on one another, each embroilment thundering with sparks. Faster than his opponent can keep up, the young man riding the dragon manages to knock his opponent's sword out of his hand by landing a strike near his hand. Surprised the weaponless young man flies to a safe distance, gathers an enormous amount of energy around him, channeling it into his hands and aims at the dragon. Then in an instant the energy absorbs itself into a huge beam of pure dark power which the young man shoots off the palm of his hands at the direction of the dragon.

The young man in red armor sees the attack coming and narrowly dodges the energy blast. He orders his dragon to charge at their opponent, but he soon realizes that was a foolish move because he his opponent's previous blast was only meant to be a distraction. At the last second he notices an even bigger energy blast that he can't dodge. The energy ruptures around him and his dragon as they are enveloped in a ball of raging fire! All is quiet as the smoke clears, the young man in red is seen falling off his dragon plummeting in the air to the void below. Both dragon and rider are knocked out from the explosion, surviving by a miracle.