Chapter 2: The Awakening, Part II

Leo put his hands into his jean pockets and began to count how long it took Brock to recover. His muscles twitching with excitement, as his breath slowed down, his rate pumping proudly in his chest. Brock, groans, as the world echoes in his ear. His body unresponsive as he slowly manages to stand on his oafish feet, dazed from the vicious attacks. He turns around to face Leo, his head ringing with a sharp whistle.

Brock: "You got lucky... That last hit was a cheap shot! You talk about being strong, but you're not even man enough to face me!"

Leo gave a quick laugh under his breath that broke into a happy sneer. “Brock is ignorant or in denial.” Thought Leo. “Of course maybe I gave him too much credit.” Hector and Leo spar with each other on a daily basis spending countless afternoons testing each other's skills. Their fighting skills have rarely been seen, but every opponent that's ever come their way has lost. There was even a rumor at one point that Hector and Leo had fought off an entire gang called Ghost that specialized in bullying at their school and were even rumored to have raped female students. Leo had also put a few troublesome kids in the hospital for fighting that year. Any normal student would have been expelled by now, but because of his "special case" he was given “second chances”.

Leo: "You have no idea really? The weak always talk too much... If you think I'm not "man" enough then the rest of my attacks will be to your face just to prove you wrong cabron (bastard)."

Leo flashes Brock a quick grin, overconfident of his own abilities, while the crowd of students and teachers alike watch the fight, as if it were some free spectacle to 'ooh' and 'aw' at. Leo could care less about their thoughts or their want for a free show, but he didn't want them getting hurt by Brock's blind rampage. He knew he would have to end it as fast as possible. Leo rushed over to Brock stopping half a foot away from him. He then went into his fighting stance, raising his arms in front of his chest. His breathing slowed down as he kept a loose fist, the crowd watched while he lowered his center of gravity bending his knees, he then put his right foot forward and his faced showed focus.

Brock was still dazed, but like a mad beast he swung his massive arms horizontally. Leo reacted leaning back jumping off the ground onto his hands did a backwards handspring, letting Brock taste his foot in the process. Brock's head was whipped backwards facing the ceiling as he began to stumble backwards from the blow. His head smashed into the wall with a loud *THWACK!!* And before he could recover Leo was already using his advantage in speed to jump through the air, locked to his location. Brock had no chance of dodging as Leo's fist connected with the right side of his face! Leaving a nasty mark in the process.

In another part of the school Shana, Monica, and Hector were wandering in a an aimless effort to find something to do until the end of lunch. They suddenly heard distant chants and cheers echoing around them. It came from down the hall signifying that an event was happening and their good friend Leo was probably in the middle of it. They followed the noises until they reached the source, a large crowd of students was gathered around in a circle with faculty struggling to control them. All three of them looked at each other with a questioning look trying to figure out if they should or shouldn't join the excited mob of people. All of a sudden a few students rushed past them enthusiastically yelling, "Fight! Someone is beating the living shit out of Brock!" Hector looked at Shana with a sarcastic grin.

Hector: "You don't think Leo's the one fighting Brock... righttttt?"

Shana: "I hope not considering what day today is..."

Monica: "Um... guys... Isn't that Leo right there flipping like a monkey through the air?"

Shana and Hector both slowly raised their heads above the mob. At first only the ceiling showed, but in a quick flash Leo was seen doing back,front,side,even double-flips through the air. Without saying a word they slowly walked inside the crowd pushing their way towards the front to see their good friend, and as soon as they reached the inner sanctum they witnessed Brock's face covered in large amounts of sweat and blood as Leo repeatedly jabbed him in the nose causing multiple sickening *CRACKS!*