Chapter 23

Shock that's the only thing running thru my head right now. I have a hangover, I feel like shit and they want to seriously throw this at me. I don't think so.

"I'm going back to bed." I state getting back up.

"No Anna your going to do this." cole says stopping me.

"NO I'M NOT YOUR FINE THERE IS NO REASON FOR YOU TO QUIT!" I boom. He sighs heavily.

"No Anna I'm not fine. I won't even be able to fight to protect my family the way I should be able to. You have to do this." I know he's right but still.

"NO I DONT GIVE IT TO BLAKE IT'S RIGHTFULLY HIS!"

"I don't want it Anna. I'm not ready. Your better qualified." Blake says. Declan comes in at that point putting his arms arm my waist pulling me to him.

"What the hell is going on?" he ask.

"You better get ready Blake. I don't want it." I snarl ignoring Declan except his touch. Stupid mate.

"Cole wants Arianna to take over as alpha. Of course she's fighting him over it." Phillip sighs answering him.

"Anna you know I can't do that. I'm not as skillful, as coordinated, as willing as you are. I'm just don't have it in me to go the links you do to protect us." Blake tries to reason with me. Bullshit! That's a lie and he knows it.

"You better start growing some balls Blake this is meant to be your pack. You knew that. You knew one day all this was going to be yours. So suck it up and take over." I snarl. He sighs heavily shaking his head.

"I'll make you a deal."

"What kind of deal?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

"Be alpha for a year until I'm ready." I think about. It sounds reasonable but why do I feel like there's a catch.

"What's the catch?"

"No catch just give me a year."

"I'm only giving you a year Blake. You better be ready and I want this in writing."

"Deal."

"No in blood." I reiterate.

"Deal."

"Fine deal." I got the feeling I just sold my soul to the devil.

"Great. We'll do a ceremony tonight. Then go celebrate." Cole says.

"Shove the celebration up your ass." I snarl ripping myself out of Declan's arms. This is not a celebration.

"Anna!" Cole yells at me as I stomp up the stairs. Maybe I'm being unreasonable. I don't care. I don't want this. It's not mine to begin with. I don't have alpha blood. Beta blood sure but I'm no alpha. Blake is 100% capable of taking on the pack. He just doesn't want it. He his willing to do anything to protect this pack and he knows it. The only reason he is 3rd in command is because he didn't want beta either. So they took a vote and made me beta. Well that and because I'm fairly decent at coming up with attack plans crap like that. But alpha I don't know if I could do that. Sure I'm good at bossing people around but...ugh I don't know.

"You know you'll make an excellent alpha." he says walking in my room. Shit I didn't even hear him open the door. I roll my eyes as he sit on the bed beside me.

"No I can't do this."

"What?" he fakes shock. "My little badass can't take on becoming alpha?"

"Haha I can take it on. I just don't want to."