lucky

thursday 30th november 2017
9.24pm

Lucas pushed his key against the monitor and shoved open the hotel door with his shoulder when it flashed green. His fingers tingled from touching Samantha's hand for so long. Their hands were tangled together, and had been ever since they met.

"Welcome to my home from home." Lucas chuckled, pulling Samantha into the dimly lit, comfortable room. She smiled and followed Lucas onto his bed.

"It's nice." Samantha remarked as she took in the room. Lucas led lazily on his bed and gestured for Samantha to follow. The girl, however, sat at the top of his bed sat upright with her back pressed against the board attached to the wall. Her legs outstretched in front of her and she smiled at Lucas. He shuffled back slightly, so that his head nuzzled against her knees.

"Are you sure you're real?" Lucas asked as he looked up at Samantha with a smile. The takeout worker took her hands and ran them through his hair, curling the strands around each of her fingers.

"Feel that?" The girl whispered and Lucas nodded slowly. "I'm real." She leaned down and placed a kiss against Lucas' forehead. She let her lips linger in his skin, taking in the warmth and tingles Lucas seemed to be radiating. The boy beneath her lips shuffled backwards so that Samantha's lips traveled down his nose and to his own lips.

"You know," Lucas mumbled and the younger girl leaned up and stared into his eyes. "This is all kinda weird for me. I mean, I've never been this...this sure of anything in my life. And I just met you." He said, still gazing into Samantha's eyes.

"I'm glad we're on the same page. Technically, you're a stranger. But I'm in love with you, so how does that figure?" She chuckled and Lucas grinned up at her. He shuffled out her lap and sat up, leaning next to Samantha.

"No matter what anyone says, knowing you in person for half an hour is nothing compared to all the late night talks. You're no stranger to me, Samantha Cook."

"How in the hell did I get so lucky?" Samantha smiled, leaning into Lucas and placing her head on her shoulder. Now, Lucas played with Samantha's hair, letting the long locks of soft, brown hair run against his fingertips like a waterfall.

"I think I should be asking that question." Lucas whispered into her hair. He felt Samantha smile onto his shoulder and his body erupted into tingles. God, would he ever get used to that feeling? He sure as hell hoped not.

"Crap." Samantha suddenly said, sitting upright and running a hand through her hair.

"What? What is it?" Lucas questioned, as she stood up and went through her bad which she had deposited at the bottom of the bed.

"I completely forgot about Emma! I'm such a horrible friend." She mumbled as she took out her phone. Lucas jumped off the bed and placed his hands over hers in comfort.

"You're not. She'll understand." Samantha was just shaking her head, viciously scrolling through her contacts. "Hey." Lucas mumbled and Samantha looked up to him. "Stop stressing, it's fine. Now put her on speaker." Lucas smiled softly and the girl pressed the call button.