loving me

sunday 10th december 2017
6.19pm

---

Samantha was no expert in dating, but she had always known that she would hate surprise dates if ever she was offered one. That was why she was sat in an uber sent by her boyfriend, with her leg bouncing nervously on the cab floor.

The only thing the poor girl was told, was that she was to wear something 'posh'. And that hadn't made the situation any better for Samantha as she was worried Lucas would be taking her somewhere much too extravagant.

The uber then came to a stop and the girl frowned slightly as she peered out of the window. "Here we are. Your boyfriend already paid." The man in the front of the car said, a small smile on his lips as he watched Samantha's mouth fall open.

"A-are you sure this is it?" The girl asked. Lucas really had picked somewhere far too extravagant.

"I'm sure." The man said but then looked towards the door next to Samantha. It then started to open and Lucas appeared in front of the young girl's eyes.

"Hi." Lucas hummed as Samantha unbuckled her seatbelt and got out the car, thanking her driver.

"H-hey." Samantha stuttered. She was in a complete haze. Lucas looked really handsome, and he had an excited smile settled on his lips. But Samantha just felt dizzy.

"You okay?" Lucas suddenly frowned and placed his palms on Samantha's bare shoulders. Samantha swallowed slightly as she looked up at the restaurant - La Belle.

It then suddenly hit Samantha Cook. Lucas had remembered this small detail from a call they had shared nearly months ago. He had always been paying attention, to every single detail she said, to every word spoken, to ever breath breathed.

Samantha looked at Lucas as tears gathered in her eyes and her palms sweated uncontrollably. Her boyfriend hesitated as he took in her expression, had he done something wrong.

"I'm more than okay," She mumbled before stepping closer to him, and placing her shaky palms against his warm cheeks. "Thank you, for making me feel special, Lucas. Thank you for loving me and never disappointing. I love you."

Lucas leaned his face into her hand as he placed an adoring hand over her own. He smiled softly at his girlfriend and leaned forward. "I love you too," He mumbled before placing his lips against hers. Samantha's breathe hitched and got caught in her throat as she felt Lucas passionately move his lips against hers. He cradled her face delicately yet pulled her against his body desperately.

Lucas pulled away, reluctantly letting his eyes move towards the restaurant waiting for them. "We should probably go in," He laughed lightly so that Samantha smiled.

"Sure." She whispered and her breath tickled against Lucas' lips. The actor held out his hand and let Samantha slip her own into it, linking their fingers into the slots of their own puzzle. And they fitted perfectly.

***

"I can't believe you're leaving tomorrow," Samantha sighed, poking her food with a depressed fork. She had bought up the dreaded topic, but they couldn't avoid it forever.

"Actually, about that..." Lucas started and Samantha's head shot up from her food towards her boyfriend. Was it good or bad news? Maybe he was leaving in only a mere 2 hours. "I'm not leaving tomorrow."

"You're not?" Samantha started to grin but tried to contain her excitement without a full explanation.

"No," Lucas took her hand from across the table and let his thumb slide effortlessly down her skin. "I decided to stay for a couple more days, so that I can spend more time with you. It's already been limited due to filming and I want to spend every waking moment with you before I leave for Christmas."

"But what about your birthday? Don't you miss your family?" Samantha was overwhelmed and a weight of guilt settled on her shoulders.

"I do, but I'd much rather stay here with the girl I'm in love with a few extra days. My birthday's not important, everyone will just throw a late get together when I fly back." Samantha looked at their hands and squeezed his softly. Lucas frowned slightly as his girlfriends reaction wasn't exactly what he hoped for. "Are you disappointed, did you not want me to stay?"

"Of course I'm not disappointed!" Samantha exclaimed. "I'm just overwhelmed. I can't believe you cancelled your flights for me, you're missing a perfect birthday with your family to stay with me."

"My birthday wouldn't be perfect if I knew you were still all the way over here." Lucas smiled and spun the ring wrapped around her finger. Finally, the girl grinned with excitement and leaned foreword to kiss Lucas' cheek in one swift motion.

"How long will you be here for?" Samantha asked as she chewed her bottom lip and focused on getting her pasta on her fork.

"I'll fly out on Thursday morning. So you've got three whole extra days with me." He gestured to himself proudly, making Samantha snort with laughter.

"How unfortunate." The sarcasm rolled against her tongue easily as she waved her fork in the air. Lucas grinned at her before placing some of his salad in his mouth. "But seriously, you should come to my house Tuesday night for a birthday dinner. Meet the family?"

"Are you sure, don't you all have work? You've not even checked this with you parents-"

"Lucas, it's your birthday, I can't let you sit in a dark hotel room on your own. Mama and Dad would love to meet you, I won't even finish my sentence and they would've already closed the shop." Samantha explained so that her boyfriend eased himself.

"Okay, just ask your parents when you get home and call me?"

"I already know the answer but okay." She smiled softly.

"Thank you, I'd really enjoy it. It'll be nice to meet the people I've been talking to on the phone, as well." Lucas removed his hand from Samantha's to take a drink but immediately placed it on top of hers when he was finished.

"Are you sure? Because if you don't want to-"

"Samantha, yes. I'm sure!" Lucas laughed and placed his other hand close to her face so that he could quiet her with his index finger. "Stop worrying."

"I'm sorry," She sighed lightly and grabbed his hand quickly before he could pull it away. She placed a light kiss against his knuckles and then let him retract it. "My dad will go full panic mode though." Samantha started to tease her boyfriend.

"Why?"

"Because you're..." She leaned forward and checked that no one was listening. "Vegan." Samantha whispered as if it was a sin. At this, Lucas burst into laughter and his face went red. His girlfriend grinned at him as people turned to look at the with slightly annoyed but understanding looks.

"Well, who's fault is it for asking in love with me?"