Chapter 22~Goodbye, Your Gift(:

Aurora's P.O.V.

The first time I opened my eyes everything was blurry. there was a little plastic cup beside my table labeled "drink".

I did as I was told and immediately tasted the most wonderful substance in the world. Pure, smooth, liquid, milk, chocolate. My forehead felt feverish. Closing my eyes I rested for what could have been barely an hour.

The second time I opened my eyes, I felt better. My leg felt stiff, and my head was throbbing. I was just that, better.

I passed out at the sight of the scorpion sting. At least I didn't puke. That would have been worse.

The third time I woke up was the final and most odd of them all. There were two chairs pulled up to the side of my bed. And in it were surprise, surprise, Jake and Nico.

How close they were kind of freaked me out. But it appeared to me, that they fell asleep talking.

Jakes head was laying comfortably on Nico's left shoulder. While Nico's on top of Jakes head.

Nico's face held his signature scowl. And I couldn't help but laugh.

And laugh I did. I laughed so hard I woke them up. The two of them yelped and jumped as far as they could from each other.

Jake ever so gracefully hitting his head on the bedside lamp. And Nico stubbing his toe against a nearby bed.

The least troubled of the two smirked. And I didn't even try to hold in my giggle.

"You're awake. " said Jake un troubled.

"You've bonded. How long was I out di Angelo?"

The Italian looked up at the sound of his name

"Two days." Came his gruff reply. I jumped out of bed, what was he doing? We needed to go. My dad. Maybe it wasn't just a dream.

Demigods has prophetic dreams, that much I knew. But... Surely that's impossible. Why would they take my dad?

I thought I had only slept for three hours at the most! It couldn't be... I remembered the dream.

Dark storm clouds had gathered outside of my home. I felt like a spirit, as if I wasn't really there. A shadow, I felt like a shadow.

Weightless. Intangible.

The sound of scuffling feet were brought to my attention. The creatures were humans. But they weren't normal. Their eyes were white, no pupil no iris. The bodies were moving stiffly. They had no shadows.

I recognized one of them, her dog leash not too far off. I imagined the annoying barks Mrs. Geraldine's little chihuahua always seemed to throw generously.

Instead I heard whimpering. Wubzy lied across the street whimpering on the snowy pavement. Just feet from his owner, dying in his own pool of blood.

I watched with horror as the weird clumsy beings dissolve through my front door. The sound of a coffee mug smashing in the ground broke the threatening silence.

My father's protests very much audible. No one came back out. I rushed inside, or I floated. Which was very difficult considering I'd never been a shadow before.

My dad's IPhone was still on the stable. The screen had cracked, the screen lit up. His get-to-work alarm rang. I took a look at the time. 6:00 A.M.Thursday December 19.

A hand waved in front of my face. "Aurora, you're spacing out on us." I snapped my direction to Jake and he must have seen the fear I knew I felt because suddenly he was closer. Peering into my eyes, Jake pursed his lips. "What's wrong." The words were so simple and I was starting to wish I never woke up.

"It... It was-." Before I could finish Nico glared at me.

"Don't say it was 'nothing'." He crossed his arms. His cold eyes never leaving
mine.

"What day is it?"

"It's the nineteenth,what's going on Aurora?" Jakes concerned voice answered me.

I blinked. "I think we have to go visit my dad. Like, now." I whispered.

What if the dream was real... No stop it. I needed to stop acting so... Pathetic.

I set my jaw and slipped out of the stiff infirmary bed. I was going to go see my father, everything would be fine. He'd smile and ruffle my hair and I'd introduce Nico to him.

Nico. If only he picked a safer place, I'd have seen him earlier, this wouldn't have happened. I suddenly had the desire to strangle the son of Hades. Woah. Where did that come from? Nico was my friend. Friend...

"What?" I didn't realize I was looking at Nico. "You're staring at me."

"I'm just..."

"Thinking." Jake finished for me. He shot me a worried glance but I just avoided his eyes. These thoughts are not healthy.

"Let's go." I finally squeaked out. I ran out of the white embroidered room and towards my cabin.

I left frost growing over the grass in my path. This was getting harder to manage. I thought I'd have my power contained by now considering I had been practicing in the special room.

The sun was shining brightly, but it was still cold. It's barely 6:30. But if the dream was accurate that's too late.

I grabbed the backpack I had packed and raced out the door. I bumped into Jake and he grabbed my shoulder to balance me.

I wanted to scream. My father was kidnapped, taken, abducted. And Jake was slowing me down. "We need to go Jake." I said in a trance. He just nodded.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
That was how we ended up in a bus. Three demigods, backpacks and weapons.

We sat in the seat nearest to the door. I was quite literally at the edge of my seat. I tried to deny it. But the dream was real I just had a gut feeling. And from what I'd heard, gut feelings were usually accurate.

I tapped my fingers impatiently against the window glass. It was raining heavily. Rain was one of the best times to travel.

The smell. I loved it. It was the smell of fresh air, of cleanliness. The steady rhythm of the rain calmed my nerves.

I told my dream to Jake and Nico. I felt bad for leaving without telling Chiron but my dad was in trouble.

I remember coming home crying. I yelled at my dad for letting my mom leave.

He'd set his jaw and told me to breathe. It was raining. He told me to breathe with the earth.

I stared at him in confusion.

He smiled. "When rain falls, it doesn't mean the sky is crying. It means the earth is cleaning itself. The oceans are breathing, breathe with them Aurora. It's going to be fine. Let it rain. When the waters gone you'll be alright. You will be clean."

I believed him. So I'll let it rain. It will all be gone soon. And the world will be clean once again.
-----------------

Alright guys I owe you this much. I posted the last chapter I'll post for this story. Sorry but I was already writing this and assumed you guys might want to read it.

The new version already has two chapters up and they are longer than the chapters on this story. So go enjoy, updates are probably gonna be once a week or every two weeks depending on my inspiration.

This is it. This stories over. For good because it sucks. And I think you guys can notice how my writing styles has changed. There is also no editing done so there will be mistakes.