Chapter 20~"A Fly that's Trapped in a Web"

Aurora's P.O.V.
Excitement bubbles in my throat. I'm going to visit my dad, I literally haven't seen him in a week. I wonder what will await me in the brown roofed house down Ellis street. Will my dad even be home? Or would I have to spend the night to meet him in the morning. I can't wait to see him!

Well, assuming I live.

The scorpions are gaining on us, I already am drained of energy. The only thing keeping me going is the adrenaline pumping through my veins. For the first time I found usefulness in the small case of ADHD that resides in my genes.

I feel every twig snapping, I hear the scuttles of the small Arachnids making their way towards us. Is it wrong of me to be so excited in a time of mortal danger? I can't help but smile as Nico grabs my hand and pulls me along faster.

I hear every puff of breath emitted from the both of us.

"Too... slow." Nico huffed. I focus now, we can't carry on forever. I personally can't because I'm just not athletic. But Nico looks like an asthma patient. Like he can't breath. Why has he been so weak?

His perfectly toned muscles deny any thought of lack of physical health. Whatever it is, it's going to get us killed. But we couldn't do more than run. If we even fell behind a little bit the six-legged creatures would take our lives.

I take in my surroundings, pleading to the trees for help. Strange, but they were tree dryads. Surely they'd help us right?

I'm relieved when the trees starting to reposition their roots. I see one retract a branch that almost smacked Nico in the face. The scorpions get further behind us and we finally make it out. The sun is shining far away, I've never been so happy to accept its warmth.

Suddenly I'm sweaty. I feel a tickling sensation in my calf, dare I say, muscles.

My vision begins to cloud. I shriek as my ankle starts to bloat. I'd probably faint from the sight of the sting before the poison reaches my heart.

One of them got me after all.

I vaguely remember Nico disintegrating the scorpion into ashes. The skeleton he conjured up fell apart and I prayed to my mother that the snow cage didn't melt. A weak laugh escaped my throat. After all, that's what it does. Snow melts.
~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note :
Gods I suck at writing .
It's too short so I will post another chapter soon! Like a really long one. I don't like the idea of a POV change within the same chapter.