Chapter 18-"Like an alien, Green Skin you dont fit in this Playpen."

Aurora's p.o.v.
He was awake. He's been awake for a day now. And for that day he has ignored me. Harsh, just trying to make a friend.

A wind swept through the room I stood in. I shivered, my teeth chattering.

I sighed as I left my cabin. It was horribly hideous. No one wanted to build a cabin for me. Athena cabin designed it and the forest nymphs helped set it up. The Hephaestus cabin added the extra complicated parts. The snow made it hard to work though.

The bathroom had leaks and the shower barely operated.There were two bunk beds and one big bed for the cabin leader. Of course I was the only one here, so I got to call the shots.

There was one thing I liked about my cabin, and it was the room Leo made. He knew how it felt not to be able to use his powers, so he made a small area.

I wasn't really sure how he did it, but I knew it required a tiny little thread from a fire-proof jacket, a lot of Hecate magic, and some technology. He bewitched the room to melt the snow I created.

Chiron was all for the idea, he said I needed a place to practice. But enough of that, there's more to my cabin. The silver and blue cabin I reside in is very far from the other cabins. Ever since we've made peace with Camp Jupiter we have lost campers and gained a lot as well. Half the unclaimed kids were Roman, and a lot of the kids in the more organized of the two camps were Greek.

The reason my cabin was far? Well we had to start a new wing of cabins. Most of the demigods were of minor gods, which is why they could've stayed at the other camp but didn't have enough power in them for something to go wrong.

Chiron had been putting it off, but now that there was a possibility that there were more children of Khione and other gods that could be threatening he realized he should do something to make everybody fit in.

So they started making more cabins. Thanatos, Cupid, and they even made one for Morpheus. Sandman actually kind of creeped me out.

I walked through camp like a disease, everyone ignored me. Dramatic. I felt like a pest. Was I that annoying? I guess I kind of was. I walked to Jakes cabin again half-heartedly.

The Hephaestus cabin seemed a lot more welcoming. I hung out with Leo sometimes, he was pretty cool. But I could tell there was something bothering him, he almost always rushed to the woods and came back at dinner covered in oil and smelling like a bonfire.

The snow had melted already, with help from the Apollo campers and Leo himself. I wished I had his ability, the only thing snow does is melt. Fire doesn't just destroy, it warms, it radiates, it's beautiful. Snow is boring.

I mean seriously, being cold all the time sucks. Ever since I found I was a demigod the cold never left me. When I was around a large group of people I felt frost creeping around me. The Demeter cabin never wants me around because I always killed their plants. I'm absolutely miserable.

I knocked consuming my thoughts. Leo opened the door. He grinned and beckoned me in, and just like my entire stay in this camp I felt like I was intruding.

He took off his gloves and threw them on the project he was working on. It looked like a dragon scale, I heard rumors around the camp that Leo was trying to build a bigger more complex version of his old dragon. And that's fricken awesome. I wish I had a dragon.

"How's it going Rora?" I groaned loudly and hit my head back on the sofa we were seated on. He knew I hated nicknames. "Okay okay! We need at least one nickname!" Leo exclaimed. I cast a dark look and he averted his gaze. "Hmm... Snow White? No? Okay, don't look at me like that!"

"Where's Jake?" I mumbled, uninterested in getting a nickname.

"Fine then, don't hang out with me!" He said, I smiled at him apologetically. "Jake!" He yelled loudly enough to make me cover my ears.

Jake came downstairs. He smiled when he saw me. "Hey." He said raising a hand in a wave.

"Hey yourself." I replied crossing my arms. His eyebrows immediately scrunched up.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I wrung my hands. He walked forward and we closed the door behind us as we got out. "Okay, spill."

"I want to visit my dad." I said looking up at him. I tried giving him the puppy dog face and he just laughed.

"That's it? You looked mad. At me." He added the last part softly.

"I don't like camp." I told him. "I mean,it's not as cool as I thought a demigod camp would be." He smiled at me.

"It takes a little getting used too. Maybe, after you go on your first quest..." I could almost hear the gears clicking in his head.

"No no! I'm fine." I'd slip up I thought. "Let the heroes be heroes. I'm not good enough to save the world." I returned a sad smile.

Jake rolled his eyes. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and pulled me into a sideways hug. "You're brilliant Aurora, now come on. Are we visiting your dad, or not?" He said.

I leaned against him taking in his warmth. "Alright." I said in a small voice."I'll go...pack." I returned. Me and Jake parted ways. He was immediately taken away by a big group of campers I knew to be standing by us since we walked out.

A tear rolled down my face. I wish I could fit in.
-.-.-
Authors Note-
I'm sad if you can't tell.

Is Aurora annoying? I don't think I'm doing good with her character building...

Sorry it's short schools too much stress! I'll try harder though, if I get more work done during the week for school I'll have less on weekends(: