Chapter 3~"I'm Waking Up to Ash and Dust."

My eyes shot open. I shivered, not out of cold but out of fear. I couldn't explain it, but something was not right here...

I glanced up at the clock and sighed. We still had ten minutes left. I just sat there thinking about what just happened. I was going crazy! I calmed myself, if it was real or not real, who cares? A small part of me wanted to forget what just happened and go back to having my birthday, but the other part, the curious part, wanted to know more. If my mom was a goddess then... I wondered for a while. What was going on? Finally after two million years the bell rang.

I sighed with relief before swinging my backpack on my shoulder and racing to the door where I knew Jake was waiting. I never got to the door.

The door shut behind the last student as I tripped. What the heck? Then I noticed the substitute teacher behind me and almost had a heart attack. She was no longer human. Where Mrs. Thebes stood was a lion, well half lion. It still had her face though, making the monster twice as ugly.

I'd like to say I charged the monster but that would be a lie. I barely dodged her tail coming to trip me, and screamed. Just then Jake came in and regarded the monster with a I-knew-this-was-gonna-happen type look.

Jake pulled out a small dagger from his pocket and jumped on the monster. Riding on her, its, shoulders he stuck the dagger in between the shoulder blades. She turned into dust and Jake hopped off coughing

"What in the freaking world was that?" I demanded.

"Sphinx." He said as if that explained everything.

"Look, we haven't got much time so come quickly." He exited through a smoking hole in the wall. Dang that thing could cause a lot of damage. I took one last look around the classroom before jumping through the hole as well.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
The hole lead to the parking lot and I saw Jake examining each car.
"Jake."
"Yeah?"
"What are you doing?"
"Looking for a car."
"Uh Jake."
"Yeah?"
"We don't have a car!"
He grinned mischievously at me,"I know."
"No way! We are not stealing a car!"
He sighed,"Not stealing, borrowing." He hopped of the curb and ran to a red convertible. He pressed a few buttons, played with some wires, and the car roared to life. He opened the passenger side door

"You coming? Or are you going to wait for another monster?"

I sighed, "You better explain this Monroe." I sat down and Jake shot me a worried glance.
"It's not as bad as you think." He said trying to spark up a conversation. I turned to him and arched my eyebrow.
"How so?"
"It could be worse." He explained. " My first monster almost killed me."
I rolled my eyes. "What was this one doing? Trying to get a teaching degree?" He laughed.
"Yeah if I wasn't here you'd be dead."
"My hero, so modest!" I said sarcastically.
"You know I am." He winked earning another eye roll from me.
"Where are we going anyways." I asked.
"To your house, you need to pack before we go to Camp Half-blood."
"Camp half what now?"
"It's the only safe place for people like us."
"People like us? What sophomores?"
He rolled his eyes. "Honestly, must you relate everything to school?"
"Yes, it's important!" I complained.
"Ok, so basically,"he explained "We are demigods half human..."
"Half god." I finished.
"You familiar with this stuff?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. I sighed I couldn't keep this from Jake, so I explained my dream.
"Cool!" He exclaimed like a little boy. "I don't need to explain much to you then!" He turned the wheel as we reached our destination.
"Pack quickly." He warned, glancing around nervously.

I got out of the car and made my way to the door. I pulled out a spare key from under the doormat and entered my empty home. I wondered how long we were going to be gone. I let out a puff of annoyance as a pulled out my dusty suitcase. I didn't know what to pack so I took out a couple of outfits, hopefully they had washing machines at this camp.

Finally I was done packing, I made my way out the door and sat back down. Everything was so confusing, it seemed so surreal. But I knew it was real. I had a gut feeling this was just the beginning. I had no idea where we were going besides the name.

Jake explained to me how everyone has their own cabin based on their godly parent. He told me his father was Hephaestus the god of forges and fire. I would've guessed, he was really smart with building and if you could describe a personality with a climate then id say Jake was warm.

He asked if I knew who my godly parent was, I described to him my mom I'd seen in the dream. I only just realized she never told me her name. Jake said gods could change their appearance but there features mostly stayed the same. He said my mom could be Hebe, but apparently that goddess usually appeared middle-aged. My mom had appeared to me like 17. So he said is was probably Hecate. I hoped so, I loved magic! Finally we arrived at Camp whatever.

The camp had a beautiful archway with its name engraved at the top. That's when I realized the letters were in Greek! how could I translate that? I stared at the sign in wonder when Jake started talking.
"Demigods have a brain hardwired for Greek, and sometimes Latin."
"Oh." I muttered. As I stepped in, I realized just how unnatural it was. There were kids ranging from eight to 19 years old. That wasn't the weird part, the weird part was what they were doing.

Some kids were practicing archery, some sword fighting, and weirdest of all kids riding on flying horses. Pegasus. Jake's voice snapped me back to reality.
"Ill show you the cabin You'll be staying in until you get claimed." He carried my baggage across camp. I followed him.

Finally we reached a blue cabin that didn't look very impressive. I mean, across the way we'd seen a pretty cool statue of the goddess Athena which Jake told me required a lot just to obtain but seemed to have stopped much bloodshed. We'd passed a lot of cabins reigning from blood red and Blue to rainbow and black. The coolest part was you could tell which Greek gods the cabins were for.

I walked into the cabin and was immediately approached by two twins, or at least they looked like it. Probably just brothers...
"I'm Conner." said the shorter boy.
"I'm Travis." said the older one. At least I thought he was older.
"We are the sons of Hermes, and your cabin counselors." They said in unison. "Hey that was my line!" They complained. Then grinned when they noticed I was still there.

Jake, who was still standing in the doorway, said, "Keep one eye open, Hermes is also the god of the thieves."

"Right."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Authors note!
The chapter titles are random song lyrics if you haven't noticed. The first one is Birthday by Selena Gomez, and the second one is a Barbie song I remember from 2010! And this one is radioactive(^-*❤️)

Also it's kind of hard to update, because when ever I sit down on my IPad my parents tell me I go on it too much.

My sister uses her laptop.

My laptops screen is messed up which makes it hard to use.

My phone is too skinny it slips out of my hands.

And lastly Greyson. Greyson is my old phone whom I love dearly, but my parents want me to put it away so I don't break it.

So that's the easiest way to update because it is small and has a slide out keyboard, but I can't bring it out in front of my parents, this results in me staying up at night time under the blankets trying to stay awake.

Anyways, hope you like it!!! Vote if you want, it will make me happy XD