Chapter 17-"Thought I Ran into you Down On the Street."

Nico's P.O.V-

'I had a crush on Percy,' I spat. 'That's the truth. That's the big secret.'

I glared at Cupid. 'Happy now?'

For the first time, Cupid's gaze seemed sympathetic. 'Oh, I wouldn't say Love always makes you happy.' His voice sounded smaller, much more human. 'Sometimes it makes you incredibly sad. But at least you've faced it now. That's the only way to conquer me.'

Cupid dissolved into the wind.

-.-.-.-.-

Stupid thoughts. Stupid Cupid. Stupid Percy. Stupid Nico.

I'm pathetic.

Nobody loves me.

Just a son of Hades.

Afraid, they're all afraid.

Of me.

Always me.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

I couldn't move. I'm paralyzed. So weak so very weak. The Jar.

It feels like a jar. But the pomegranate seeds are poisoned.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"If the others found out -'

'If the others found out,' Jason said, 'you'd have that many more people to back you up and to unleash the fury of the gods on anybody who gives you trouble."

-.-.-.-.-.-

I feel the tears on my face now. I can open my eyes.

Flashes of people invade my vision. My thoughts run to hide again.

"Drink." I'm handed a cup. If I were Percy someone would feed it to me with their own hands. Someone I loved, someone like Annabeth. Not Nico. Who needs Nico?

"Take it." The sharp voice directs me and I do as instructed.

"He's awake." Like they care.

The creamy substance slides down through my esophagus. I try to hate the warm feeling. But I can't. It's a break from the poison, a break from the pain that Engulfs me.

I can see clearly now. My sword is on the right of the bed. A dull gray. A sharp pain brings me back to the present.

"What happened?" I muttered.

"You lost." A voice, a new but familiar one speaks up.

"Perseus Jackson."

"Right you are." The bed creaks as he takes a seat next to me. "How's it going Neeks?"

"I will slit your throat." I mumbled so he could barely hear. Truth be told, I was glad he was here. And most of all I was glad I didn't get butterflies from the fact he is sitting on the same bed as me.

"Come again?" He asks obnoxiously.

"Harry Potter." I shrugged.

"What?" Confusion traced his features.

"That's the book it's from." I said matter-of-factly.

"Ohhh." He grinned, "Finally! Glad to see you keep your promises." He patted me on the back and winced once he realized what he had said.

"You can't break promises." I muttered.

"Yeah..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

I decided to let it pass. Like the silence that followed.

Percy stretched out and put his hands behind his head. He yawned and after a couple of minutes he spoke again.

"So, Aurora huh?" He smirked at my look of terror. "She's been worried three days straight. Can't focus."

I swallowed nervously. I didn't even know this girl very well. And I told Percy that.

He laughed. "You muttered her name a couple of times. You sleeptalk bro."

I ran my hand through my hair. "Fricken embarrassing."

Percy looked at me sideways. "Scared of a crush Nico." I blushed. He's so stupid. What does Annabeth even see in him?

I hit my head back on the pillow. I closed my eyes. "You've no idea Percy. Not. A. Single. Idea.

---------

Authors Note: I updated again. Happy? It's spring break and I'm trying to stay happy. But of course I have a lot of homework, one essay which my teacher forgot to give us the prompt on. And I have a benchmark when we come back for My math class. Then I have to make something out of clay for art.(I'm going to build a snowman :'D)

Btw, the pomegranate seeds are symbolic of thoughts. Ever heard the phrase, "Your mind is a garden, Your thoughts are the seeds, you can grow flowers, or you can grow weeds." I don't know why but that reminds me of Nico. I don't know why at all.

And I've been meaning to ask for a long time... We need ship names. Like for everyone, ship everything with everyone! Percico, Percabeth, Jasico, Jasper, Jeyna, Reynabeth, Pipabeth. Never enough ships! Omg I have a big shipper heart. OctavianXKronos. I have problems... Or for Jake and Aurora, and Nico and Aurora. Just here's a challenge.

Write any ship name, from any fluffin book, tv show, real life even! The person with the most, I will read your book! Or I really want to help someone start a book. Like a fanfiction or something. I'm not exactly a very good author... But I could totally help you start writing a new one! We can like create characters, and just fan girl and stuff. Gods I'm crazy.

Ps. Sorry for making you read the Cupid scene again. If you cried remember tears are good for acne :P

Excerpt From: Rick, Riordan. "The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4)."

This material may be protected by copyright.