Chapter 10~"Imperfect Is the New Perfect."

Aurora's P.O.V.

I swear I didn't make it snow! I mean, I never even used my powers! Heck, I don't know how! It was snowing harder now, unnaturally cold. I shifted my gaze and smiled at Nico's sleeping body

Wow that doesn't sound creepy at all. Sighing I got up from the ground. I started to pack up, and realized Nico was still wearing my headphones. I stuffed everything else back into my backpack.

Oh well. I can buy new ones. The iPod might be harder to replace. It was getting colder, actually it was freezing. Nico shivered in his sleep. I picked up my blanket and draped it over his petite body. I mean, he is taller than me and stronger, but compared to the other boys at this camp... Anyways he looked malnourished.

I slung my backpack around my shoulders and smiled one last time. But before I could leave I heard a twig snap.

"That was a nice thing you did, Nico has a pastime colder than me."

I turned myself around, and there she was. Blue dress and all.

"Mother." I greeted rather coldly. She regarded me with a warm smile, which made me feel awkward on many levels. The truth was, I didn't know what to do. Should I run into her arms and hug her? Probably not.

She responded before I could open my mouth again. "How extraordinarily like your father you are." She said. Then she looked like she wanted to laugh. I realized what she said.

I bursted out laughing, in between snorts of laughter I said "Who are you? Snape?" It was a quote from Harry Potter. I didn't know she liked Harry Potter! We may be closer than I thought.

Khione smiled at me again. "Come take a walk with me Aurora." She noticed the hesitant expression on my face and she waved her hand and it stopped snowing. But it was too late the whole forest was covered in heavy snow, and who knows? Maybe the whole camp was too.

She waved her hand again and my bag tried to leave. I mean literally. I was struggling to keep a hold on it, she chuckled. I realized it was probably her. I let go, my cheeks flushed, and the bag was carried away with the wind. Finally, I realized I had no more excuses. So I followed her through the forest, wondering where we were going.

"So, I bet you have some questions." She started then bit her lip guiltily at me. "I only have a little bit of time, so how about you ask three questions and I help you? By the way, your bag will go back to your room."

I gotta admit, I was excited. I was going to be getting my questions answered! A question came to mind, and I put up my right hand. "What about this ring?"

She smiled. "A weapon obviously, try taking it off of your finger. Oh, and imagine a sword." I did so as I was told and when I pulled it off of my finger I dropped it quickly.

"Holy guacamole!" I exclaimed at the sword laying before me. I picked it up. It was made of ice, 92% H2O and 8% hydrogen. Frozen. Don't ask how I know that, just a feeling... The hilt was greenish beads it was so perfect. I looked at the knuckle guard. I put my finger in between the guard and the hilt. It turned back into the snowflake ring.

She smiled. "Now about your questions."

"Didn't that count as one?" I asked confused.

"Please, that was barely a question. We do have all night you know." She said, and I wondered. Do gods need sleep?

"Can you tell me how you met my father?" I inquired hopefully.

She took a deep breath. "Your father is the simple most annoying person I have ever met." She smiled as if reminiscing an old memory.

"When I first met your father, it was in Quebec. He came there as a sort of field trip for his college. He was 17 at the time, he said he graduated High school faster because he was homeschooled."

"Wait, my dad was homeschooled?" I asked curiously.

"He had to, he had dyslexia and ADHD. He was bullied endlessly." She gave me a knowing look, and continued. "He was remarkably smart, so it definitely surprised me. Getting back to the story, your father and I got off at the wrong foot." She chuckled. "Let's just say he dropped some very hot coffee on me, and I freaked out on him... But anyways, He said his university in Alaska was located in a perfect spot underneath the northern Lights. I had of course seen them many times in my life time, but he sounded like he actually wanted me to go."

Her eyes became unfocused as she stared off into some point behind me. "Even with the attitude I was giving him, he kept persisting that he would pay for the expense and all sorts of things. I decided to go. I stayed in Alaska for a while. It is the land beyond the gods, so it was a perfect place. The gods were awfully annoying." Thunder boomed and Khione rolled her eyes.

"So I went, and stayed for a couple of days. Of course Jeremy was completely ecstatic and he pestered me every day, so annoying." She smiled, she didn't look like she was very annoyed.

"Do you want some coffee? He asked that the first day." She looked at me as if to say can-you-believe-him? "I think I might've scared him a little with my glare... But he tried again and told me about global warming over ice cream. His teeth were chattering, I don't think Alaskan winters are something ice cream should be eaten in." She grinned. "He was an exact opposite of me. You should've seen his face when I told him I hate the idea of global warming! When we walked back to my apartment, he wrapped his jacket around me. I wasn't even cold, obviously, but he insisted. He was the cold one." She stopped and looked at me funnily, her smile was still on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Your laughing at me!" She complained.

I hadn't realized I was grinning, but goddess or not she reminded me of one of my boy-crazy friends. Megan. The way her face lit up when she was talking about my dad made me realize, she was still in love. "No I'm not! I just, um..."

"Right, I'm blabbing." She said guiltily. "I'll just get to the point I guess, Jeremy was so imperfect. And that's what made him perfect for me, he was so nice. I was so not..." She looked so sad, I decided to ask my next question. "How do I use my powers?"
*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Sorry, I've been crying for the last few days... My grade in English dropped to a FREAKING B. I got it barely back to an A, but I'm scared. I no longer have the best grades in my school! I had the best grades last year, but not this year :'( this is horrible!!!!

I am still not over it though... But I am a bit better now... My gpa is 3.9. It's better than 3.8 though so I'm ok. About the story, I know it sucks but I am a little under stress and going through a depression. Again. Don't make me go back to the therapist! But yeah I'm obsessed with death, it's all I can do to not kill everyone in this story. I already planned their deaths. Whatever. Please vote and comment, I need something to keep my mind off of life, or death. Whichever.

~"Imperfect" by I don't know.