31

My father had called this morning, asking if I was willing to come home so me and him could talk. I was hesitant but I eventually agreed.

Josh drove me home and was waiting in the kitchen with my mom as my dad sat me down on the couch in the livingroom. I fiddled anxiously with the Hem of my skirt, not looking at him.

"Tyler." He said gently kneeling in front of me. I hummed. "I'm so very sorry about what happened. I should have never said those things or even let the guys say that stuff. You are my son and I love you just the way you are. If you're gay then you're gay. If you prefer to wear girls clothes then that's okay. If you wanna wear make up that's okay too. It doesn't make you any less of a person or change who you are. I'm so sorry for hurting you with the things I've said." He said.

I nodded. "Do you forgive me?" He asked. I bit my lip, finally looking up at him. I shrugged. "How do I know youre not just saying this to make me happy?" I asked. "I'm not. I promise." He said.

I pursed my lips. "Look Tyler, we've had our rough patches and I've taken a lot of what you've said into consideration and you're right about everything. So I'm gonna try harder to be here for you, and for your siblings. I want you to be comfortable around me and be able to come to me with any problem. Okay?" He asked.

I nodded. "Okay." I whisper. "So am I forgiven?" He asked. "Yes." I nod. He smiled. "Thank you." He said. I slipped down off the couch and hugged him.

"Now I know you said you don't care about materialism but, I have a surprise for you." He said. I pulled back. "You do?" I asked. He nodded and stood up. I followed him to the garage.

I gasped. "Daddy you didn't." I said in disbelief as I walked further into the garage. "I did" he shrugged. I admired the brand new shiny black G-Wagon that was parked there.

"It's mine?" I asked, running my fingers over one of the door handles. "All yours, your other car though will be going to you're sister when she gets her license. I squealed in excitement. "Daddy you didn't have to." I said.

I looked over at him, he smiled. "I wanted to" he said. I ran over to him and hugged him, thanking him. Josh and my mom walked out. Josh froze and stood there, with his mouth wide open in shock.

"Catching flies?" My dad asked. He shut his mouth. "Jesus Christ." He whispered, also admiring the new car. "I guess you weren't lying when you told me you were rich." He said. I smiled.

"Wanna take it for a test run?" My dad asked holding the keys. I nodded and grabbed them, kissing his cheek before running over to the car and getting in the driver's seat. Josh climbed in the passenger side.

"Wow." I whispered, gripping the steering wheel. "This is amazing." Josh said. I nodded before starting it and taking me and Josh on a drive. We stopped at taco Bell because we were hungry then we went back to my house and watched a movie in the living room with my siblings and surprisingly my parents who joined about halfway through.